“I only wish I could stay here longer....”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Booked Hotel Indigo for one night from Thomas Cook Sports with watching Newcastle United and Liverpool in the mind. To be honest, I didn't care about the hotel which I was staying except that it had to be walking distance to the train station and the St James Park Stadium, if possible.

To my amazement, both of my criteria were met. The hotel is simply about 5 mins stroll away from the central station. We didn't break a sweat, a bit exaggerated being it was a chilly morning. And the St James Park Stadium is also about 10 mins walk from the hotel.

Anyway, the staff was very polite and efficient, which makes our checking in pretty smooth.

Now the rooms, it's brilliant. Everything looks very up to date and modern. I'm very impressed with the deco indeed. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The Wifi in the room is great. I also love the toilet/shower set up. Fantastic yeah...

This is the first time I'm staying at a hotel with the Indigo brand and with this experience, I'm sure it won't be the last.

My regret was that I did not get to indulge on the breakfast as my wife and I need to catch an early train back to London and then catch a pre-booked Eurostar ticket to Paris at 130pm.

If I was to return back to Newcastle for another visit, Hotel Indigo will definitely be first on my list of hotels to stay. My wife also gave this hotel a thumbs up.

Ps: The hotel is pretty near to everything you just name it, shopping centres, parks, the stadium, train station, eateries. As my title review suggest, I only wish I could stay here longer.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mark W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Hello MarsZali,

We only wish you could stay longer too! I'm so happy to hear you had such a great time staying with us, but what a shame you weren't able to sample our delicious breakfast. Next time you come back, that is an absolute must :)

Thank you so much for your lovely review,

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had a great night's stay in this lovely hotel with friends recently. The rooms are excellent - beautifully decorated with complementary snacks, bathrobes and Aveda toiletries. A touch of luxury. The staff were all very friendly and helpful at all times. They made you feel welcome on arrival and throughout our stay. Our room and breakfast package was excellent value and I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Newcastle. The only thing that let down an otherwise excellent stay were the brick hard scones served when we ordered a cream tea on the Sunday afternoon. We were surprised and disappointed by this - not what we expected when everything else had been so perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hiya Carol M!

What a lovely review! Thank you very much for your time and I'm really happy to see you had such a comfortable visit. I'm really sorry about that one issue you faced on an otherwise fantastic visit, but our Management Team take these reviews very seriously and we will make sure the next time you come to stay, it is nothing short of perfect :)

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed for 1 night whilst travelling on business to Newcastle. The hotel had everything that is needed for a business traveller including free wifi. Staff were very friendly and with the hotel being relativly new the rooms and public areas were excellent. There was also a good steak restaurnat attached to the hotel and its only a 10 min walk from the Quayside.

Only slight negative was the air conditioning which either left the room like an oven or a freezer with very little in between.

Will certainly stay there again if visiting newcastle

Hello Mindenhof,

Thank you very much for your excellent reivew :) I'm really proud to see you had such a comfortable business trip. You must return sometime under more relaxing circumstnaces and really explore our Neighbourhood!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Brilliant experience from arrival to leaving. Stayed (sadly!) only one night to celebrate my husband's birthday, and felt so well looked after and thoroughly spoilt - a warm welcome and birthday card on check in, complimentary champagne brought to the room and happy birthday chocolate strawberries after our meal in the fantastic Marco-Pierre White restaurant! Our balcony room was gorgeously well equipped, clean and comfortable (and quiet!), and the whole staff team were all fantastic, particularly Jenny and Sian on reception, Nicola and the lovely creative Gemma in the restaurant, and of course amazing Rachel who took time off to have a meal with us ;). Thank you all so much for making our stay such a special one :))

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jules_210c

Hiya Jules_210c!!

Well it was an absolute pleasure to have you and pleeeaase think of us again if you have another special celebration in mind :) We absolutely love being a part of those memories. The whole team really appreciate your special mentions, and thank you so much for your lovely review.

Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Hotel Idigo is a great Hotel located in central Newcastle and close to many bars & restaurants.
It is also very close to the main Central railway Station
The rooms are very clean, large and with all the facilities you would expect from a 4 star hotel.
The beds are very comfortable..indeed
The bathroom is well lit and the walk in shower is large enough for two.
The staff are extremely pleasant, courteous, helpful and polite.
The restaurant is one of Marco Pierre White’s. The selection of food is very good, appetising and well presented.
The hotel also has a small, well stocked, Fitness Suite which I used often.
On the whole the Indigo is very good value for money

Room Tip: Just ask...the girls on reception are very approachable
1  Thank 212Don1212
Mark W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Hello 212Don1212!

Thanks very much for your lovely review, its great to hear such praise from a guest who stays with us often :) Please come have a chat with me or any of my Management Team about anything you'd like to personalise your stays, or even just to bless this lovely weather!!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I wrote a rather scathing comment about the Birmingham Indigo. What a difference a town makes. General service was excellent and the rooms were very comfortable, quiet, considering its central location. I would strongly recommend those on Priority Club to use this hotel rather than the other Holiday Inn choices in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mark W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Hi PaulC2816!

Well I am certainly thankful we gave you a fantastic Hotel Indigo experience, but please give our brothers and sisters in Birmingham another chance next time you're around! I've heard about some fantastic improvements.

Thank you so much for your lovely review on us though, we really hope you can come back to visit next time you're in Newcastle!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here for a recent weekend in Newcastle. Cannot fault it. My dealings with the Reservations Manager before my stay were excellent. Reception staff on arrival were friendly, polite and professional. I wasn't happy with my first room (found the bed too small for my taller-than-average size) but reception staff were extremely helpful in moving me.

The hotel's quite new so everything's nice and shiny and clean. I ordered room service a couple of times from the restaurant and the food was superb. As was the breakfast spread every morning.

A great hotel, centrally-located. Staff are its greatest asset.

My hope for the hotel is that it doesn't lose this or get complacent. Keep everything shiny and clean, keep your staff motivated and positive - and you'll be on to a winner.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello travellingjournalist,

I'd like to say I really appreciated your detailed review and your comments will be taken on by the Management Team. The staff also want to thank you for your kind words :)

We hope your travels take you back up to Newcastle soon, and we will see you then.