“Lovely!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Newcastle

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
“Lovely!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here on new years eve in a king room the boutique style ones. Absolutely gorgeous. Bed was so comfy and the rainfall shower is really really nice. Nice little complimentary things in the bathroom.. moisturiser ect. Complimentary mini bar. The staff are soooo nice. A dark haired girl on reception was so helpful when we needed some tickets for the night time printing. Breakfast was really nice and again staff were lovely. Wish we hadnt gone out and just spent the whole night there it was just lovely!. Deffo be returning :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Holly S
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Holly S,

Thank you for your kind comments and the lovely review. We can't wait to have you stay with us again at Hotel Indigo Newcastle!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Newcastle a couple of times now - and I plan to stay there again in the future. As a business traveller, I find that it fits my needs well, but I think that it would also work well for a leisure traveller - especially if you're using public transport.

The hotel has some stand-out qualities worth mentioning. First is the location. It's in Newcastle City Centre and only a 2-5 minute walk from the Central Railway Station. It's close to pretty much everything. I would estimate 3-5 minutes to Eldon Square and 10-15 minutes to the Quayside. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby ranging from fast-food joints to specialist dining. There are also a variety of major-chain convenience stores near if you're on a budget and looking to buy your own food.

The next thing worth mentioning, is the staff. I have yet to come across any staff member that is less than excellent. They're all friendly, efficient, well presented and helpful. It really makes a difference. I know that every time I arrive I'm greeted with a smile. Any question is answered immediately. Any problems/issues are fixed quickly.

Finally, the rooms. They're very modern and always clean and tidy. I supposed that they're designed to look a bit like a 'loft apartment' with wooden floors, lots of lamps and split levels. It works, and the visual appeal of walking into a room is high. But, more important than the visual appeal, the beds are comfortable, the temperature control in the room is easy to operate, the desk (and chair) can actually be used for work, there's a decent amount of wardrobe space, there is coffee-making facilities (together with some complementary sachets of coffee and tea) and a mini-fridge. All-in-all, I doubt that you'll have any complaints.

The hotel restaurant is a Marco Pierre White place, and I understand that it has a very good reputation. I haven't ate there myself (it's too expensive for me) so I can't comment.

Of course, it isn't perfect. For example the showers are those trendy 'rainfall' style showers which look good but aren't as effective as ordinary showers and similarly the sinks are more trendy than functional. But ... they work good enough. Also, there's no free parking, and not a lot of paid parking.

So, my overall opinion is that Hotel Indigo Newcastle is a very good hotel. Try it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi Kokosun,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a splendid review of Hotel Indigo Newcastle. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stafford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Enjoyed my brief stay at this trendy city centre hotel. The food was top notch as you would expect plus excellent friendly helpful staff. The only down side was that my room was very cold with the heating below par. The only way I got warm last night was by standing next to a hot towel rack in the bathroom. I mentioned this morning and I was offered a discount by the receptionist, I should try that one again.

This hasn't put me off staying there again but this time in a warm room.

Room Tip: Make sure its warm.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi timbers1234,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice review. I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, and understandably disappointed that you weren't warm enough in your room.
Next time you stay with us please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff if you experience a similar problem, we will endeavour to fix the problem prior to check-out, and ensure you have a great stay!
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel frequently for business and all I can say is its one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are all clean and modern, each one is unique and stylish. The location is a 5 minute walk from the mainline station and also right next to the local metro line. From a leisure point of view there is a small gym that is open late. Finally I would say the best thing about this hotel is the attitude of the staff, they are all so friendly and welcoming.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Global_Traveller_a-z,

Thank you for contributing such an outsanding review. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

A bit difficult to find, thanks to roadworks around, but worth it when we arrived. Stayed one night between Christmas and New Year. Room very comfortable and stylish. Restaurant on ground floor excellent. All staff first-class , the signs of good training very apparent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi NialO58,

Thank you for your great feedback. We take great pride in our customer service at Hotel Indigo Newcastle so i am immensely happy to receive such kind words about our staff. Thank you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in quick, lobby is very nice. Got a king executive room with free mini bar and wifi, our room was lovely green themed and very spacious. The bed was extremely comfy so much that we slept in and nearly missed breKfast. The staff in the restaurant said the kitchen had closed but we cud use the continental cereals ect. Which was fair as we did go down at 10:15 but the chef said they would extend so we cud hav a full english breakfast which i thought was very good service!! The shower in the room was amazing so relaxing it was like a waterfall shower and you can listen to music as the tv is connected with a speaker in the bathroom. The staff had also left a happy birthday card and plate of chocolate for my boyfriend in our room. We really enjoyed the room and would love to return on another special occasion

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Ashaz24,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I'm so glad that you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable stay with us in Newcastle, and I'm pleased to read that you managed to enjoy our delicious breakfast!
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days over new year. Very good hotel, rooms are kept spotless,loved the massive bed, and rainfall shower(could have stayed under it for hours).
Room was very warm, but easily fixed by switching the heating off. Only downside was the price of drink, very expensive,although there is plenty pubs nearby!
Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Allanf1970,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed the rainfall shower and our king size beds. We look forward to seeing you again soon.