“Brilliantly brilliant”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliantly brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed in The Indigo for a week and have to say the the customer service and quality of food was absolutely brilliant, Trina made us feel at home her enthusiasm and passion for customer service was the main reason that we were back in the hotel the next week and will be for the foreseeable future 10/10
Graham Angela and Ray

Room Tip: Stayed in different rooms each time and no issues with any of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Angela R,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review! I am so glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and i can't wait to welcome you all back to Hotel Indigo Newcastle. Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here on a work trip but have booked to return with a friend later in the year. Great location in the city centre with on-site parking included in the cost of your stay. Free mini-bar (no booze) which is always very welcome. Lovely room, very comfortable bed and the waterfall shower was just gorgeous. Sampled the breakfast in the Marco Pierre White restaurant - totally lived up to my expectations. Superb Eggs Benedict. I would have scored this place 5 however the wine list was a bit lacking - no Sauvignon Blanc by the glass and no Marlborough/New Zealand options. Also the prosecco was very average for the £7.50 per glass price tag. But the staff were delightful, even when the table service was carrying a ten minute wait for drinks the waitress kept everyone informed and happy. Would happily recommend to a friend or a business colleague.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Beksville
Hi Beksville,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Newcastle again soon!
We'll have the Eggs Benedict ready and waiting for you.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now and have not been disappointed yet. Excellent location and food but the hotels best feature is its staff. Very friendly and professional, I feel Trina needs a special mention that woman is an asset "look after her"

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rabd53
Hi Rabd53,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a tremendous review. I will pass on your very kind words to all our staff, and especially Trina!
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Looking for somewhere a bit different for my 50th and settled on the Indigo the decision helped by the reviews as well as the Marco Pierre White restaurant. Secure parking was a definite plus, then the reception team were really helpful, the room was available early and was very comfortable with a decent view of the skyline although the weather curtailed use of the balcony.

Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner in the restaurant (perhaps a little pricey but it was my 50th!) I would certainly recommend the T Bone :).

Spent a very comfortable night and then went down for a super breakfast.

Location is really good if you want to explore the city on foot

All in all a very enjoyable stay - the staff were excellent throughout - go you'll enjoy it

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi DaveNCal,

Many thanks for the fabulous review. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday and had a relaxing stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the hotel Indigo. From January 1, Wednesday, till Sunday. There's a lot to say about this hotel, all good about it. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I went to my room and it was lovely. Elegant, comfortable and so was the bathroom. Ok, we all miss a bath instead of a shower but I didn't mind much because I loved the room. The hotel was quiet, no people shouting in the corridors, no queues or ages waiting for the lifts... The lounge of the hotel is lovely, even nicer because of the Christmas decorations, the tree and the lights. I took some pictures and I'm going to download them here so you can see them.
The lounge was usually busy in the evenings, I suppose people staying at the hotel or people waiting to go to MPW's restaurant. I went there too, I had a lovely meal. I enjoyed it very much, a bit expensive we know what you pay for, not just the food but the atmosphere, the pleasant and professional staff, the decor, etc. To summarize, I had a great stay at the Indigo, I loved it, I had been to Newcastle one month before but had stayed at another hotel and honestly, after trying the Indigo, I don't want to stay anywhere else now so next time, soon I hope, I will stay at the same hotel. I really recommend it. Only one thing, the room was a bit dusty and the cleaner didn't see it but I am not gonna complain much only because of that. They should be careful with it, the furniture was black so dust is even easier to see, and the cleaner could have also hoovered the floor. But still I give this hotel 10 points. A huge EXCELLENT.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Maria B
Hi Maria B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a magnificent review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to have you stay with us again. In the meantime why not keep in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter?

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Used this hotel for an overnight in the city centre. The restaurant isn't anything special even though it's a Marco Pierre White an an evening in Blackfriars would be my recommendation. It did do a really nice breakfast though and the cocktails are good. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were lovely. I would have liked a bath though.

Room Tip: I visited Lau's 2 all you can eat restaurant which is just round the corner and better value tha...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Pedro1661,

Thank you for your nice review. We hope you choose to stay with us again at Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

After a very successful visit to The Marco Pierre White Restaurant for dinner, which was very good, we decided to pay another visit and try afternoon tea this time. The service was absolutely excellent, efficient, helpful, professional and friendly. The food was fresh and tasty although I would have preferred more sandwiches and savoury items. This, however, is a personal choice. I would have no hesitation in returning or in recommending this lovely restaurant.
We had champagne afternoon tea and the best day to do this is a Friday as every Friday is Fizzy Friday and the champagne is only £20,00 per bottle between 3p.m. and 7p.m. Cheers!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Mark W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Jan2111,

Thank you for the excellent review. I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and were able to take advantage of our wonderful "Fizz Friday" promotion. We run this every Friday so why not come back and see us again? Why not treat yourself even more and stay with us for a night? Book direct with Hotel Indigo Newcastle for the best deals!