“Would go back”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't have any complaints about this hotel - it's in a good, central location, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I had a very comfortable sleep and the room had an I-pod dock which was very useful while getting ready to go out! There is a free mini bar in the room but don't get too excited about it as there was no alcohol in the fridge! It was still a nice touch to get some complimentary soft drinks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest.
Thank you for leaving a review. We use feedback from our guests to improve our hotel and the guest experience. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Newcastle

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Used this hotel as a stop over after attending a concert at the Metro Arena. It's only a brisk 5 minute walk away. Modern interior in what looks like a developed older building. Rooms were smart, and boutiquey, The executive room was not overly large but large enough for 1 night stay. The only drwaback was that the view over the car park and rubbish bins was not so appealing. Only tried the restaurant for breakfast, which was very reasonably priced. The evening restaurant has a Marco Pierre White stamp, so maybe next time will try it... yes, it's worth a second visit. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Be careful parking in the hotel car park...the spaces are very narrow !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a one night stay in Newcastle on business and following a very disappointing hotel stay last year, a colleague recommended the Hotel Indigo for this trip. I must say I am very grateful for the recommendation as this is definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The price was reasonable, so I expected something rather average, but the hotel exceeded my expectations by a long way. From booking in, the staff were so warm and welcoming, I new I had made the right choice. Every member of staff I spoke to, was friendly and professional. I arrived at the room to find it of extremely generous proportions, with modern high end furnishings and spotlessly clean. It had everything you could need for business or pleasure, with those little touches, like free wi-fi, a complimentary fridge with snacks and soft drinks, robes and toiletries.

I had a meal in the restaurant that evening and breakfast the following morning all of which were first class.

I will definitely be staying again next year and have no doubts about recommending the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2014

By far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed all over the world, the staff were genuinely interested in why you were staying there and what more they could do to improve it in anyway. Check in said 3pm, we arrived at 11.30am and just popped in to let them know we had arrived and said to them that we knew the room wouldn't be ready, straight away the lovely staff said you never know let us check. When I booked online I wrote in special requirement that we were going to see Dolly Parton and I had booked the hotel for my mum's 60th and any extra treats would be lovely, right away she said yes your room is ready and you have an upgrade!!! One of the best rooms in the hotel with balcony, complimentary beverages the works. We went out for a days shopping to come back to a plate on the bed with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and a chocolate tart, with a hand written card from all the staff, the extra touches they made to make our stay memorable was amazing. Well done to all you.....did I say breakfast was amazing. This hotel was not to fault.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in an upgraded room with a balcony overlooking the street. Well, it was the back of the O2 actually. The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Chocolates on the bed as a welcome were a nice touch. With robes, iron etc, and a free mini bar, it was a good option.

Breakfast was okay. I asked for boiled eggs - they were more than runny and pretty much inedible. Apart from that the staff were great and I would happily return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest.
Thank you for leaving a review and I am so sorry about the eggs. I do hope you come back soon.
Thanks David

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel
Great city central location
Very clean & smart modern rooms
Great walk in shower
Staff very good , polite & helpful
Price was good
Comfy beds
Good night sleep
Tea & coffee in room
Marco piere white restaurant looked nice but I didn't eat there

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and kind comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good hotel with a great location in Newcastle city centre. The room was modern and clean with a very comfortable bed. The only negative was the cooked breakfast, this was not hot and the presentation was poor. The breakfast cost £17 and this was disappointing at this price.

The check in staff were very efficient, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple