“Good choice”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Manchester
“Good choice”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We took awhile to choose a hotel for our Newcastle trip but our final choice turned out to be a great one. This hotel is a short walk from the railway station and in a good location for all the high lights of the town. It is a lovely modern building with a large lounge/reception area. Checking was quick and easy and our room was lovely. We enjoyed the comfortable room with free snacks and soft drinks. Staff we friendly and helpful, breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and good service. This was not a cheap choice but for us it was the best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
I am pleased to hear that after a bit of decision making you opted to stay with ourselves, and that the choice was justified! We would be delighted to welcome you back on a future trip to Newcastle.

Paul Borg- General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Cheltenham
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel Indigo is just a short walk from the station and very central. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was smart, clean and well equipped, although housekeeping had forgotten towels. The breakfast had plenty of choices and the food, fresh and well prepared. My only real gripe was that the staff assured me that in the whole hotel not a single room had a bath. Bad news for those of us whose idea of luxury is a soak in the tub....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Good afternoon Thinbungee,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the lack of bath facility however I am please that the other services this hotel provides made up for that. I do hope you stay with us again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms for our guests on the weekend of Ladies day at Newcastle races and the Sunderland Air Show, this hotel never fails to get better on every visit.
The indigo has got it right in all respects, rooms, bar, staff, meals an oasis in the centre of Newcastle keep up the good work.
My only complaint was against myself I forgot to book a meal on the night time in this every popular restaurant, however a bar menu was ordered and served very quick which filled us tired travellers after a day at the races and was very tasty.
Thanks for a fantastic stay back again soon THANKS

Room Tip: The rooms on level 6 have balcony's with a table and chairs for that late night drink to soak up...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello Jeff,

I appreciate the time giving us such a positive review and I am delighted to hear you are enjoying every stay with us. I do recommend that you book the restaurant in advance, like you said it is very popular and we never like to turn people away!

I look forward to your next stay with us,
teeside
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here before in a bigger room and would recommend an upgrade if you can. When the wife and I got there there was a half drank can of pop on the table. The staff were very apologetic and gave us complimentary drinks which was graciously accepted as I felt it would be rude to decline the bottle of red and white! Cheers!
Rooms are spot on. Lovely modern decor, spotless and super comfy bed. Never ate on the evening this time as we went out for tea but the breakfast is top notch. Staff very friendly and helpful. Like I said, favourite place to stop in Newcastle and have booked in for our next trip there in October.

• Stayed July 2014
Good evening teeside70,

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. I do apologise about the beverage being there upon your arrival, housekeeping are aware of the issue and will not allow a repeat of this. Glad this was rectified however, and I hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel. The executive room has a balcony with bed to have the sun and table with chairs to have a drink. The bathroom perfect, new, clean and big with nice design and equipment. Difficult to find this kind of hotels in uj

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Good evening JorgeC9,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you got to make use of the balcony facilities! We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would like too start by saying thank you too the excellent staff at this hotel they couldnt do enough for you (especially coleen serving drinks and trina on the restraunt) the room was air conditioned well stocked fridge most definitely recommend staying again.also I would like too add that it was my husbands birthday and 2 complimentary glasses of prosseco we're welcoming after a long drive thank you again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Karon,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that the birthday weekend was made extra special with the customer service you received. I will ensure Trina and Colleen are commended for their hospitality, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Market Bosworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I would say that they need to be clearer with their advertising as on their website it says ' Why not treat yourself to one of our king executive rooms with private balcony'. Now I read that to say that their king executive rooms have balconies. Which I found out when I checked in to be wrong if you want a balcony it was another £20 to 'upgrade'. Slightly frustrating but after a 6hr car journey decided that being able to sit outside was worth the cost.

Their normal executive rooms are very small but the ones with the balcony where much larger and brighter with the huge window wall.

Bed was super comfortable as were the pillows, the cordless phone was much more user friendly. The 'upgraded' mini bar had a bottle of white, a bottle of red, couple of small beers, few soft drinks and snacks all of which were complementary which was a nice touch.

The balcony was a good size with a table and couple of chairs, they are all in a line with each other with glass dividers so not at all private but still nice to be able to sit outside.

Ordered room service and the food was quick and very good.

Breakfast was nice, eggs benedict was a lovely treat.

The staff were all helpful and it felt like nothing was too much trouble.

Car park was underground just passed the front door if the hotel and well sign posted, spaces were small but it was quite empty. £12 charge but apparently the exit ticket was valid all day so ideal if you had meetings in the city centre.

Would certainly use again when I am in Newcastle.

Room Tip: Their normal executive rooms are very small but the ones with the balcony where much larger and brig...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emma_N68
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Good evening Emma,

Thank you for your review. Apologies that the room you had booked was different to the one you had expected, however pleased to hear that you were satisfied after checking in.

I hope you will visit again in the near future. If there is anything we can help with prior to your arrival, we will ensure this is actioned 24/7 to make your stay as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Kind regards,