“Great Way to Start Your Weekend!”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse
Price range: US$24 - US$71
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill is located in the city centre of Newcastle. The menu has everything you would imagine from a traditional steak house with the superior quality you would expect from Marco Pierre White.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I decided to try the “Champagne Friday” special which was advertised on the website, (a bottle of champagne for £20 between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.) and we are so glad we did because it was fab and a brilliant way to start the weekend. When we arrived at about 4:30 p.m. I thought we would struggle to find a seat because it was so busy, but luckily we managed it. We were served almost immediately by a very pleasant waiter and then sat back in the comfortable armchairs to enjoy our beautifully chilled champagne. It tasted superb and we thought it was a real bargain, and let’s be honest, there aren’t many of those around these days. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we have decided that we are going to go (at least) once a month to make the most of it.

1  Thank Trish36
MPWNewcastle, Host at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments .

It certainly is lovely to hear such amazing comments with regards to our Bar team and our Thank Fizz it's Friday Offer.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Excellent food and service.
An obvious attention to detail in this restaurant. Everything appeared to run like a well oiled machine.
A definite cut above the rest for the whole experience.
I was surprised that the prices were no greater than most restaurants.
We will be eating here again on our return to Newcastle.

1  Thank rme_10
MPWNewcastle, Host at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments .

It certainly is lovely to hear such amazing comments with regards to our team and the service we provide, we really do work very hard to make create a dining experience that our guest will love.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family and I like to eat out, we like fine dining when we get the chance. I have been trying to get a booking at Marco Pierre White in Newcastle since forever, but it has always been full. Yesterday Sunday 26.5.2013 I at last managed to get a lunchtime booking for myself and my husband, I was not disappointed. We received a very friendly welcome and were shown to our table. Staff were very attentive to our needs but gave us time to make our choices at leisure. The menu was varied and covered vegetarian and gluten free choices. I try to eat fat free food and chef was very accommodating when I asked for plain boiled rather than have roast potatoes. Our meal was delicious, the beef was to die for. Excellent choice of wines. Waitress and waiter attended to all our needs and couldn't have been more helpful. Restaurant surroundings were nice and bright furnished well. Embience excellent. I certainly will be back, hopefully for an evening meal. Not surprised its always fully booked. Three course menu £18.50 very good value for money.

1  Thank Jayandgeo
MPWNewcastle, Host at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

The MPW Newcastle team are so pleased that you were able to experience their hospitality first hand.

Thank you for such a fantastic review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely comments, which will be shared with the rest of the team. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We visited for our wedding anniversary Sunday 19th and had the lunch set menu which was great value for money at £18.50 for 3 courses.

The restaurant is nice and modern with lovely helpful staff.

We sampled some cocktails before our meal and they were Great, a little overpriced with the 10% service charge added but worth it as a treat.

The only thing that didn't make it a 5 star experience was the main meal both mine and my husbands wasn't very warm with the plates and gravy cold but we didn't like To make a fuss and complain maybe if we had they would have taken them back but we just wanted to enjoy our day having just travelled for two hours. Having said that the presentation and taste of the mains were lovely just a shame it wasn't that bit warmer.

Would we return? Maybe if we lived closer but If I returned to Newcastle I'd probably try another restaurant to try something different.

Overall we enjoyed our visit the puddings made up for the main course

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Retaurant nothing special..needs upgrading..dissapointing.
Staff great, welcoming, friendly.
Food fantastic. Steak superb, accompanyments..chips, onion rings and tomatoes out of this wirld