“High quality pub food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We go here all the time since moving to the area. It does the nicest carvery in the area and has some great meals on the menu and nice daily specials. Big portions and excellent value for money. Staff are lovely and it's a good atmosphere for a meal or just a few drinks. There's a good play area for kids too

2  Thank nicola b
There are newer reviews for Killingworth Arms

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The Carvery here is fantastic! vegetables, potatoes and meat all great. You couldn't ask for anything else. You can even take out which is a great idea.

I have tried other food from the menu here and its the same as the carvery - delicious. You can also add veg or mash or a yorkshire from the carvery to your meal for no extra cost.

I couldn't fault the food or the pricing. The only thing I would say is that it could do with a refurb or an extension as it gets quite crowded but thats just my personal taste.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice traditional Sunday lunch!

1  Thank AlisonSmith2
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Had carvery, wish I hadn't, left with diarrhea been to doctors and signed off sick for a week and I don't get paid sick.

I blame the cook, looked like she hasn't washed for a week, hard to tell as the smell of tabs and sweat masked the dirt.

Disgusting place, hygiene is awful, they need reporting to the council and I will do so myself.

4  Thank Toontoongal
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Fancied a change from our usual go to places, so gave here a try based on a friend's recommendation. Glad we did, it was really good. Friendly atmosphere, great tasting food and a decent pint. I can see us eating here again and again. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank MrCuddles81
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We love this place for the great carvery meals. Found out recently that our daughter has been taking work mates here to for luch, the little sneak never invites us along lol. Always made welcome, even on the busiest of days. We like to try to get here through the week to take advantage of a quieter time, but still enjoy the great food. See you`s soon.

2  Thank Dave E