“Thumbs Up”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Personally ordered a curry which I could have asked to be served spicier. Glad I didn't as it was hot enough. You can have it with chips or rice or half of each. I went with the half and half option and wondered how much would be served if I only chose one option as there was certainly more than enough. It was served with a poppadum too and a side salad. A very good plateful.

With me, my party ordered the carvery and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good prices, good food, what more can you ask?

2  Thank HimandHer1

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We go here all the time since moving to the area. It does the nicest carvery in the area and has some great meals on the menu and nice daily specials. Big portions and excellent value for money. Staff are lovely and it's a good atmosphere for a meal or just a few drinks. There's a good play area for kids too

2  Thank nicola b
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The Carvery here is fantastic! vegetables, potatoes and meat all great. You couldn't ask for anything else. You can even take out which is a great idea.

I have tried other food from the menu here and its the same as the carvery - delicious. You can also add veg or mash or a yorkshire from the carvery to your meal for no extra cost.

I couldn't fault the food or the pricing. The only thing I would say is that it could do with a refurb or an extension as it gets quite crowded but thats just my personal taste.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice traditional Sunday lunch!

1  Thank AlisonSmith2
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Had carvery, wish I hadn't, left with diarrhea been to doctors and signed off sick for a week and I don't get paid sick.

I blame the cook, looked like she hasn't washed for a week, hard to tell as the smell of tabs and sweat masked the dirt.

Disgusting place, hygiene is awful, they need reporting to the council and I will do so myself.

4  Thank Toontoongal
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Fancied a change from our usual go to places, so gave here a try based on a friend's recommendation. Glad we did, it was really good. Friendly atmosphere, great tasting food and a decent pint. I can see us eating here again and again. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank MrCuddles81