“Gone down hill I feel”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited Lau’s on numerous occasions, however we visited on Saturday before visiting the theatre as we knew we could be quite quick. I’m afraid as with our previous visit a few months back the food was a bit tasteless, and I just felt the quality was not what it was in the past. Bit of a shame, but doubt we shall return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a regular haunt for my wife and me. We went in the afternoon so they limit the choices. I'm on a diet so a buffet restaurant isn't the best choice. As much as you can eat haha. Started with a couple of spring rolls. Really tasty with loads of bean sprouts so got to be ok. Next I went for some sushi. Not a massive choice but they are tasty and freshly made. You can see them being made as you sit.
Next up was a small portion of egg fried rice with mushrooms in oyster sauce and chilli garlic beef. Lovely, hot and spicy. Then instead of the usual ice cream and other delicacies I went for fresh fruit.
Really good food and didn't ruin my diet.
Well recommended to all.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once again every time we visit this establishment the food is OK and at a reasonable price. The staff were friendly and well atentive to clear our table. HOWEVER, we always have great concerns everytime we visit because the toilets are disgusting. The visit to day both the gents and the ladies looked as if they had not been cleaned for some time. My wife actually had to complain to a member of staff as her experience was not good. It looked as if there were bodily fluids on the floor and even the cubicle doors had broken locks. As for myself because of my disability and the need to use the toilet on a regular basis I decided to cross my legs and leave quickly to have a coffee in the Travel Lodge across the road and the satisfaction of a clean and well serviced toilet.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for dinner with friends on a Friday night 7:30pm in March.

It was pretty quiet for a buffet restaurant on a weekend, probably just under half occupied when we arrived. We were quickly able to order our drinks and head straight to the buffet which had a nice, wide selection of asian dishes. Some of the dishes, however, were only lukewarm. Their dimsum had a poor selection that time, I don't know if all the popular buns were already taken, but there was only the veg flavour left. Their sushi selection was horrible and cheap due to being mainly veggie kinds and not having any popular types (e.g. salmon, prawn nigiri/roll).

The best parts were the Grill area, where you could order things from the chef. I enjoyed the steal and prawns. Beware, though, you don't get much and might have to wait a while if there's a queue! The desert section was also pretty good, with varying flavours of sweets.

Overall, nice selection, average price; but the lukewarm food was the main thing that put me off.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The buffet menu is vast and constantly getting filled up my grandchildren love that the ice cream and dessert is just what kids like you can always get a table even if you have a small wait