“Excellent service and amazing food”
Review of The Old Siam - CLOSED

The Old Siam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My ladylove and I were seeking a Thai restò in the Toon and we came up with this jewel located in the quayside, named the Old Siam.
The food was delicious and we enjoyed our starters and main dishes (Pad Thai). Wine choice was acceptable but I wouldn't recommend to order the Thai red wine, almost vinegar (bad one).
The service was really professional and waitresses were really kind and attentive. The local itself is really small, but we appreciated the atmosphere of it.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We visited on a Friday evening without booking. Although the restaurant was busy we were found a table up stairs.

The service was very good, and the staff were friendly.

We went for one of the set meals. There was quite a variety of food, all very nice.

Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visit quite regularly because the food is very good, and one of the closest I have found to authentic Thai cuisine.

If you don't mind the old building and the fairly cosy rooms it's an excellent alternative to the over abundance of Italian and Spanish options around the Quayside.

Try the Thai wine too, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I took my Husband for a surprise Birthday meal. I picked here because of reviews and ranking on trip advisor. I was firstly let down by the run down building and smell of drains and fat when we entered. We were taken upstairs and sat at the window but after 10 mins we were asked to move as a large party were coming in. (We didn't see the large party arrive and it was after 9:30 when we left!)
Fish cakes could have been anything as they were sponge like in texture and out of a packet. Only flavour was lemongrass. King prawns had no flavour apart from the dipping sauce. My main was beef stirfry which I only just managed to eat because of the heat... I love chillis but this was unbearable. My mouth was on fire. My husbands beef red curry was tasty but main ingredient was aubergines with a few strips of thin beef. I felt let down by the very unprofessional staff who stood next to our table and chatted amongst themselves, spoiling our relaxing night. I will not be returning. Oh and being able to see into the kitchen is normally a plus for me as I love to see the staff cook but not on this occasion

2  Thank Jemma5555
Reviewed 5 July 2014

every time i'm coming in NCL i'm going to eat here and so far no dissapointment. Price ok, quality good. looking forward for next trip.