“Wow, very impressed”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Well this was my second visit after a poor experience first time around; what a vast improvement. I couldn't fault anything about our visit, the service was impeccable, attentive, friendly and an absolute pleasurable experience. The food was amazing & one of best Thai meals I've had for sometime. We opted for Set Menu B, which consisted of mixed Thai starter platter, all of which were hot & tasty. This was follwed by a perectly spiced chicken soup, a little too spicy for my wife but perfect for me, I didn't hesitate to finish the extra helping. The three mains, (yes three) were Chicken with vegetables in Ginger, King Prawn in Chilli and Duck Green Curry. All were fantastic and even asked for our leftovers to to takeway. This was definitely worth the second visit, and will be returning again, hopefully get the same experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have now been to this restaurant twice and from the first time, couldn't wait to return. The starter we had was the house mix and it was very tasty, then I had the deep fried salmon in red thai sauce and it was fab, I can still taste it now! My partner had deep fried sea bass and that was also excellent. The house wine is reasonably priced and very drinkable and the staff are always very curteous and helpful. All in all a great experience. I personally prefer to sit upstairs as downstairs feels a bit cafe-ish to me but it wouldn't stop me having a meal there if that was all the seating they had. Would thoroughly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place has a lovely atmosphere, very relaxed and welcoming. There is lots of seating on the upper level to the restaurant, however, we were sat in the downstairs part at the front which was very snug.

My boyfriend and I opted for one of the set menus, the starter was a mixture of bits and pieces and all really tasty and well cooked. The main dishes were lovely and we polished the whole lot off and left the restaurant fit to burst, however, for any Thai food enthusiasts I would say that some of the food is slightly unauthentic. If you’re not that fussed about that side of things it’s perfectly nice to eat.

We were dining this particular evening with a vegan and a vegetarian, but there was plenty of options for them to choose from so there was no need to try and alter dishes to suit etc.

Would definitely recommend this place if you have a group of you going as there is something for everyone and reasonably priced for what you get.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Quayside in Newcastle appears to be undergoing a renaissance. This is the type of place that will keep your more discerning punter frequenting the area. The staff are lovely, the food is amazing, the ambiance good and the restaurant itself in a great old building with lots of character. Well worth a look....

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited The Old Siam on Saturday night for a friend's birthday, the place looks small form th front but has a large seating area upsatirs too. The service was friendly and speedy. My partner and i ordered a set menu which included a shring starters plater. it was all very nice. The mains were good too, there was plenty of it, more than i could eat in fact, which is very rare for me! The main dishes included sweet and sour chicken, I was dubious about this as obviously not authentic thai. i was right, it was about the same as you'd get from an average takeawy. The thai curry reminded me of a korma, it wasn't quite right. Even though those two dishes weren't completely authentic, they still perfectly edible whilst the rest of the food was excellent. It came in at about ££90.00 for 4 of us including drinks. A fair price. I'd have no problems going back.