“Best Sandwich in Newcastle”
Review of Quay Ingredient

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stumbled across this place whilst taking my daughter to the Baltic on the Quayside. Only ordered and Ham and Peas Pud sandwich, but, what a sandwich. I was expecting the usual generic pre-made rubbish you would find anywhere in England, but not here. Made to order, fresh ingredients, home made peas pud (quite possibly THE best peas pud ive ever tasted). Service was fast, efficient and extremely friendly. I highly reccomend this place if your ever down the quayside. Cant wait to visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Went there for lunch with my fiancee after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Had the full english breakfast and a salmon and cream cheese baguette which all tasted great. Its only small, but we were seated straight away around 1pm. Good selection of teas and coffees and the decaf is recommended. A great little place to stop for a drink and a bite. Very friendly service and food was prepared and cooked to order in the kitchen which is very visible so hygiene standards were great.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great little place that deserves all the attention its getting. Can't recall a better breakfast, lovely additional touches like miniature gingerbread man with your coffee. The pace is leisurely, which is the perfect way to start the morning.

Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews here I had to see what all the fuss was about and I was not dissappointed! Me and my boyfriend were greeted by the lovely woman there who's attentiveness made you really feel special, letting me have a good snoop around the impressive range of loose leaf tea. It was nice to see someone so enthusiastic about what they were serving, explaining what goes into their sandwiches and their homemade cakes! The food was excellent, I had the parma ham and teleggio cheese which was so nice especially as it came with a bag I kettle chips, such good value for money! The cakes were lovely and the little 'cinimon man' man that came with my loose leaf earl grey was the icing on the cafe experience cake! I have been raving about this place all day, it is very likely my new favorite cafe in Newcastle!

1  Thank stl91
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I wwent QI after reading the reviews on trip advisor. It was all good, good quality ingredients, really friendly staff and at a good price. Would really recominded this place for a quick bite!