“Woow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quay Ingredient

Quay Ingredient
Cuisines: Cafe, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Woow”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Best food and best service ever.
The food and the place was nice and yhe price was good as will
Will be back soon:)

2 Thank Kimberlythomas21

Cockermouth, England, United Kingdom
“Yum”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast as staying at Sleeperz Hotel and breakfast was extra and more than quay ingredient. Yes you have to wait but they are very accommodating and we knew from other reviews that it only small, they don't take reservations. We had a full breakfast and a sausage stottie with tea and fresh orange and cinnamon pancakes to follow everything was fresh and delicious the best sausage and bacon I think I have ever tasted. I had no complaints and will be back next time we are in Newcastle. Many thanks

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nicki B
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Quaint little place, seats maybe 20 people, food cooked to order, no microwaves or deep fat fryers, lovely food, served remarkably quickly, very reasonable. You may have to queue for a table, but it will be worth it!

Visited June 2014
Pontardawe, United Kingdom
“Cheap nasty breakfast........”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

.... Why on earth would you eat one when you come to this restaurant and eat excellent local produce freshly prepared and beautifully presented?
I discovered this place just as I moved from Newcastle and it was excellent then, now two years later I have done exactly as a previous reviewer suggested and foregone the hotel breakfast to eat here.
Real sausage, proper smoked bacon without the water content, two fresh eggs (I want to type free range but truth be told I have no idea they were just good) fresh mushrooms, not tinned bullets! A properly grilled tomato, delicious local black pudding and toast. Start that off with fresh coffee and we had a breakfast to set us up for the day.
How would I make it better? Include a daily paper to read, top up my coffee (which was offered) and I'll stay for lunch too!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I WAS a sceptic”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Craster kipper is the best value for money on the menu and almost certainly the tastiest. Friendly staff and fair price

1 Thank Roysito