“Poor service, average food”
Review of Quay Ingredient

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The place is small and cute, I was given a low table, which I was to have breakfast, because the waiter was busy to clean up other table at the time I arrived, so I couldn't really eat properly. The scramble egg was tasteless and watery; the cappuccino was served with too much milk, and no aroma of espresso. The waiter brought me the large size without asking at the time I ordered. A rack of teas or coffee for sale was placed in front of the stairs, blocking the way to the washroom. I wonder why is this place so highly rated?

There are newer reviews for Quay Ingredient

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Popped in prior to hike along the Quayside. Only one table in when we went, so no problem getting served. Ham Hock and Pease Pudding Stotty, and Cinnamon Pancakes - absolutely gorgeous. Lovely little cafe.

1  Thank QuakerA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is amazing, the food it fantastic,service is warm and friendly and by far my favourite place in town. Don't hesitate, get yourself sat down.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Adorable little cafe with amazing food, very busy so we were lucky to get a table. Very friendly staff.
Breakfast all day on a sunday which was a nice surprise.
A delicious end to a weekend in Newcastle

1  Thank clarelw89
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed and seated quickly within the café, which I thought looked quite cute. The seating was comfy and appropriate, despite the café being almost at full capacity, and we were dealt with and served quickly. The egg banjo was lovely (although I didn't know what a "stottie" was previously) and my boyfriend enjoyed his eggs benedict. Thank you.

1  Thank Ruth D