“Do not miss it!”

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We visit Newcastle a couple of times a year and quay ingredient is always on our must visit list. Today's food once again proved why :-) Perfect Omelette Arnold Bennett and a cracking plate of asparagus, poached eggs, Parma ham and tattie scones. The staff are lovely and there is always a buzz about the place. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

So, yes, the food was nice, if a bit pricey, and none too generous. At almost £6 for Eggs Benedict, you should get a full muffin to accompany, not half.
We were slightly put off by the fishy smell outside (courtesy of the seagulls), but that is not the cafe's fault. What I did find fault with was the waitresses assumption when I asked for a glass of water, that I meant the bottled variety. When politely corrected, the glass and bottle were removed, to be replaced by a polystyrene cup of tap water. Mean!
One other thing that I found off-putting was the dirty staircase leading to the toilet, which in itself was fine.
I won't hurry back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Quay Ingredients is a canny little cafe on the quayside. I went for breakfast and the menu choices are good, I played safe and ordered a traditional full English and cappuccino (bill came in at around a tenner). High quality ingredients were used, in particular, very good sausages and black pudding. However, at the end of the day a breakfast is a breakfast. Quay Ingredients is a high end cafe offering a solid breakfast but when the Newcastle dining scene is buzzing with so many new and innovative restaurants can Quay Ingredients justify being a top 10 Trip Advisor restaurant?

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Quay Ingredient is the place to have breakfast when in New Castle. We had Eggs Benedict which were excellent. The owner lady was very friendly, great atmosphere.

1  Thank ssamra
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Like many my girlfriend and I decided to try out this café after so many positive reviews here on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately our experience didn't live up to the hype, with a lack of ingredients available meaning that our food was not what we were hoping for. The staff are friendly and were apologetic but there should be enough ingredients to satisfy the average thoroughfare the café has every day.

1  Thank tdh050388