“Best around”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I do enjoy a good curry and enjoy visiting different places to try different types of currys. I have to say that this place is one of the best around. We went at about 6.30pm on a Friday night. The restaurant is on the smaller side but again don't let that put you off, I probably holds 30 people. They were doing a good takeaway trade as the bar and waiting area at the front was busy. As you enter there is a small waiting area to the left for people eating in the restaurant where you initially get to look through the menu and order drinks.

We were shown to our table, there was about 10/12 people already sat and eating. We ordered papadums and onion bhaji (predictable - I know). Once finished we were asked if we wanted our main straight away, nice to have the choice to let things to go down. Everything we ordered arrived (Which some other restaurants have difficulty doing). Food was fresh and hot, the Nan bread was also freshly cooked. Overall the flavour, taste and spice level was excellent. Also the service was excellent throughout.

1  Thank MikeToon

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have a business myself in foresthall, and I have been here a few times after work and weekends. The food has always been excellent and the service is very good,staff are very pleasant.

1  Thank Saralopar
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We eat here a lot and have never been disappointed. The food is always totally delicious, plentiful and good quality. The meat is excellent and always lots of it. We have eaten in the restaurant where the staff are the friendliest I've ever encountered and have take away a lot too. The only draw back is that they don't deliver but with food this amazing even lazy people like me are inspired to go and pick it up rather than our curry elsewhere.

1  Thank ClaraTraveller
Reviewed 3 August 2013

charged for drinks we didn't have and prices of drinks were extortionate, very rude when queried drinks we were charged for and very unprofessional in how they handled it, nice food but wouldn't go back, could get cocktails in the town or somewhere swanky for half the price.

5  Thank Rosalyn E
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We visit this place all the time; takeaways, couple meals, with friends and family. It is an excellent meal every time with polite and efficient staff. It occasionally puts on a Thali night which is apparently well worth attending - we haven't but from the usual standard of food I am prepared to believe it. They are licensed as well so you can buy a beer. If you like a spicy curry the Naga is well worth it. My wife swears by the lamb tandoori which I've always found to be really tender and tasty when picking over her left-overs.