“Mixed Feelings...”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Mixed Feelings...”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We've been using this restaurant since it first opened. The quality of food has steadily declined over time and although we still go for meals for birthdays, anniversaries etc. the atmosphere is less "pleasant" than it used to be.

We still have a takeaway once or twice a fortnight but the chicken (breast) quality is becoming quite "fatty" and not the sort of chicken breast I want to eat. We've enquired about the chicken breast quality before (as I don't believe some of it is actuallty breast at all), but we've been told that they only use chicken breast and no other parts of the chicken.

It is such a shame because when this restaurant and takeaway opened it was the best indian food I had ever had in many years of eating indian curries. Alas! Nothing stays the same, unfortunately.

• Visited February 2014

“excellent”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Have never had a bad meal here. Good food, good service, location is good with plenty of parking, highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Easily the best curry around!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have been to this restaurant so many times with friends and family but always forget to write a review, but it's about time I did because it deserves a good one!
The food is always excellent, I would particularly recommend the chicken chaat, one of the tastiest things I've ever had in any restaurant, I sometimes order it as a main course due to its amazing taste!
The £12 special is very good value as well, as long as you get there before 7pm Sunday to Thursday. As mentioned before, I have been many times and will continue to visit regularly in the future, delicious!

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best curry I've tasted in Newcastle”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Excellent food as always. We have visited restaurant many times and had take away many times. Still the best curry I have had. The food is fresh, flavoursome and plentiful. Highly recommend their food and great staff and atmosphere at the restaurant,

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent and local”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Went with friends just before Christmas. Had the set menu 4 courses for £12. Fantasic food, very tasty. Great service and comfortable surroundings.
Have already booked for the New Year.

• Visited December 2013