“Fabulous food great service”
Review of Cafe Spice

Cafe Spice
Ranked #300 of 1,267 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food great service”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We have had the pleasure of eating in this lovely curry house a number of times, it never fails to offer superb quality food & service, it was recently refurbished obtaining a licence to sell wine & beer on the premises which is great now but we did used to take our own drinks in the past.

The curries are delicious & nan breads just heaven, good selection of rices to accompany your meal, although it is not a large place we have always managed to turn up & eat without booking, however at busy times near chrsitmas etc I would advise to book, I'm unsure if they have a delivery service but you can telephone your order then collect 10 minutes later, a must for anyone who loves exceptional quality indian food & friendly helpful staff.

• Visited May 2012

“Lovely Little Place”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Very Nice Little Place. Very Cheap and Very Tasty. Also You can take your own drinks I.e bottles of wine so make the night even cheaper. Excellent value for Money.

I Really enjoyed my night and the staff were very helpful

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This restaurant on Chillingham Road, Heaton is a great place for authentic indian food. We have used it as a restaurant and sometimes as a 'carry out'. Good food excellent service, happy faces and fair prices including drinks. Will keep on using it.

• Visited October 2012
“Exceptional Indian and takeaway.”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

First of all I'm very suprised this gem has not been reviewed more! I'm reviewing this restaurant's takeaway service and I can assure you it is top notch.
My fiancé and I have recently moved into the area and over the bank holiday we couldn't be bothered to venture out and decided on ordering a takeaway from just eat. So glad we did as this is the BEST indian food we have tasted! We were so happy the with the first order we ordered again a day after!
Recommend the mixed saag, ( lamb is to die for , soft and melt in your mouth) and the passanda which is lovely and creamy- perfect for dipping naan, popadoms and parathas in! All of the side dishes are gorgeous - especially the vegetable paratha and homemade garlic chips!

Definate favourite and we will definitely be ordering again very soon!

“Great food”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have only been to this restaurant once so far. Was surprised how good this place was. In my view, much better than some of more well known Indian restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2012