“Veggie Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ahad Tandoori
Ranked #346 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
newcastle upon tyne
“Veggie Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Popped in here without a booking but the staff promptly showed us to a table.
2 Veggie starters The regular onion bhaji and an aubergine dish were both perfect!
I had the vegetarian Thali option- FANTASTIC.
My friend chose 3 veggie side dishes instead of a main. They were all perfect
my Thali was perfect.
I am usually a meat eater but i can honestly say that this was the best curry that i have ever had.
Yes the Ahad is a shade more expensive than other local restaurants BUT it's well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Best tandoori in Newcastle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

We are regular visitors to the Ahad, especially on Friday nights. Food is always excellent and in the many years I have been going never had a bad meal. It is slightly more expensive than your usual local but is worth every penny. The guys that run the place are very friendly and efficient. Highly recommended if your in the area. Definitely call and book a table if visiting on a Friday or Saturday night.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank L11per
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Didn't get what the fuss was about, unfortunately.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were passing this place over the bank holiday weekend and thought we would pop in and get a take away to enjoy at home. We were seated and told our order would be ready in 20mins which it was. The place was quite busy for around 7pm on a Sunday night. While waiting I noticed that the food hygiene rating was only 4 out of 5 but wasn't overly bothered by this.
We ordered popadoms and pickles, chicken tikka and onion bhagi to start, chicken korma and chicken biryani and keema rice. The starters were nice but we were both unimpressed with our mains. the flavor just didn't seem to be very strong. I will say though that the quality of the meat was good. Maybe we should have gone for more interesting dishes, but unfortunately I don't think I would try here again as I've had better for cheaper elsewhere.

Gateshead
“Best curry in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I visited the Ahad on recommendation I was told that the food was the best in Newcastle.
I was not disappointed, the food is fabulous. The staff could not have been more welcoming nothing was too much trouble.
Before I visited the Ahad I read a few of the reviews, one of the reviews said the food was bland and disagreed with the good reviews saying people were probably too drunk to taste the food.
I can only comment on my experience (by the way I don’t drink).
Overall a very pleasant night out.

1 Thank Maxpower_13
North East
“Very Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was my first visit to Ahad's but it will not be the last. Relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Lots of specialities on the menu, meaning we could both try something new. I like my food to be full of flavour and spicey but not too hot, I tryied a delicious Ahad special with spinach stuffed chicken in a delicious citrus sauce. My partner choose a chicken curry from the Ahads specials. Both dishes were great. A lovely evening and good value for money.

• 4 of 5 bubbles