“Interesting...”

Cuisines: Cafe, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lovely little Italian café at the theatre on Grey Street. Does great lunch deals and the "best cheese and onion toasty in England".

There are newer reviews for 9 Bar Coffee

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Popped in here to escape the scorching temperatures outside. Tried the "worlds best toastie" which was actually rather good (cheese, onion and leeks on sourdough bread). Hubby tried the sausage in slipper bread which was very tasty too. Quite a small place inside though there were tables outside too. Would visit again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I just popped into 9 Bar before work today around 4pm. Around two years ago I was in everyday because they staff were lovely and he coffee was the best in the city. I used to love this place. Anyway, today I walked in and the two members of staff that I could see didn't acknowledge me. I asked for a double espresso and a glass of water. The girl at the till put down what looked like a half drank glass of water in an obviously grubby glass. I asked if they had any ice and I got a simple 'no' as an answer. No smile, no hello, no thank you, no goodbye. I then sat outside and the other member of staff brought my coffee out for me. She just put it on my table and didn't say a word, didn't smile or even acknowledge the fact that I was sat there. Just an disappointing, unfriendly experience. It must however be said that the coffee was still fantastic. Just drop the rudeness and bad attitude.

3  Thank Rory C
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Popped in Sunday lunchtime. What we were served were expensive 'snacks'. The only saving grace was the merguez sausage. The staff were surly bordering on rude, the drinks were overpriced and the coffee tasted average. The pulled pork was watery and tasteless. Tables and floor were dirty. No cutlery or condiments. No toilet. Avoid like the plague!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Proper coffee and cakes, quirky and funky. Love popping in here. Just how coffee shops should be. Recommended

1  Thank Temptus1