“Good food, excellent service”

Browns Brasserie and Bar
Ranked #137 of 1,303 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our building is the perfect example of 1830s classical architecture. Its understated elegance makes it a stylish, yet relaxing place to sample our delicious, freshly prepared food and our carefully chosen selection of wines, beers and cocktails. We're right in the centre of the oldest part of the city - the perfect place to watch the world go by as you sit back and enjoy our hospitality.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went for an early evening meal in Browns on Monday 16th June and all in all it was a very pleasant evening. We did enjoy the food although my partner's tortellini was a bit on the small side, more like a starter. He could have eaten two of them! We were served by a very pleasant young man called Praveen. He went out of his way to help us choose from the menu, giving us his personal recommendations which proved to be very good ones. The food was served at an appropriate time with not too long to wait for each course. We would not hesitate to go back.

Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. I'm very happy you had a very pleasent evening and I have fed back your comments to Praveen. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great food on offer - waited a while for drinks but it was a busy Saturday afternoon. The Steak pie was one of the nicest i have had. Great atmosphere and friendly staff, i would definitely go back!

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review. Our steak pie is one of our most popular dishes and an excellent choice. I'm glad you enjoyed the dish and your Saturday evening experience with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went here for my birthday meal. Food was expensive, service was ok, but the lamb and mint burger was burnt. I will not be returning.

I'm very disappointed to read your review. At Browns we pride ourselves on entertaining our tables dining for a special occasion, and aim to make the experience exceptional. I'm very disappointed that you and your party did not experience this. To have not received food and service to your expectation on a birthday occasion is not acceptable. In regard to pricing we do regularly carry out competitor research and feel we are priced competitively for the market in the area. I'm sorry you didn't have the experience you desired and any negativitys are investigated fully. It is feedback such as yours which allows us to improve our business and I do hope you will return to us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food here is over priced, pretentious and small portion sizes. It's really where people who don't really want to be fed go to waste some of the surplus cash they have bursting out of their designer handbags. However it's a lovely bar to have a drink in. Relaxing, clean and beautifully decorated. I could drink here any time but I'd eat elsewhere.

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm very happy you highly rate and recommend our bar, however I am disappointed you can't say the same for our restaurant. In regard to portion and pricing, we carry out competitor research on a regular basis and feel our pricing and portioning is competitive with other local businesses in the area. Our menu has a strong British influence with plenty of classicly Britsih dishes and so would disagree that we are a pretentious venue. I'm sad that you didn't enjoy your experience and any further feedback on your thoughts would be greatly appriciated. You can contact us at browns.newcastle@mbplc.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was here today with my friend and I couldn't have had a better experience. We wanted somewhere relaxed but with a buzz and that's exactly what we got.

I had the lobster tagliatelle which I was a little nervous about because I never usually order seafood when I eat out but I was so glad I went for it, it was cooked to perfection. And to top it all off the service was fab. It's so true that a restaurant can have the best food in town but it counts for nothing if you haven't a friendly staff.

Well we couldn't have asked for a friendlier face. We had a really chatty waitress who made us feel right at home and was really attentive. Thanks so much to Sarah for making our visit so enjoyable we'll definitely be back