“Great Service”

Ranked #136 of 1,304 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our building is the perfect example of 1830s classical architecture. Its understated elegance makes it a stylish, yet relaxing place to sample our delicious, freshly prepared food and our carefully chosen selection of wines, beers and cocktails. We're right in the centre of the oldest part of the city - the perfect place to watch the world go by as you sit back and enjoy our hospitality.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went here on lunchtime with a friend from work. We were quickly seated and drinks orders taken straight away.

I order cornfed chicken, which was juicy and my friend ordered pasta which was a good size portion for lunch. The plates were quickly taken and bill arrived soon after by our friendly waiter, so it was good for us being in an hour in less than an hour. perfect place to visit on your lunch during working hours.

Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. Excellent choice on the corned chicken, one of our most popular dishes. I have passed on your comments to our team and we look forward to your next lunch time visit.

Many thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I met with a friend for afternoon tea and it was our first visit there. There was a lovely selection of sandwiches and cakes (too many for us to eat but we managed to smuggle some out!). Staff were very helpful, asking if we would like fresh pots of tea/water. Peter, our server, was great! Looking forward to another visit soon!

Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I have passed your fantastic comments on to Peter. Afternoon tea is one of our specialalities at Browns and I'm very glad to hear of your great experience.and high recommendations. We hope to see you on your second visit soon smuggling some more of our delicious cakes.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went for an early evening meal in Browns on Monday 16th June and all in all it was a very pleasant evening. We did enjoy the food although my partner's tortellini was a bit on the small side, more like a starter. He could have eaten two of them! We were served by a very pleasant young man called Praveen. He went out of his way to help us choose from the menu, giving us his personal recommendations which proved to be very good ones. The food was served at an appropriate time with not too long to wait for each course. We would not hesitate to go back.

Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. I'm very happy you had a very pleasent evening and I have fed back your comments to Praveen. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great food on offer - waited a while for drinks but it was a busy Saturday afternoon. The Steak pie was one of the nicest i have had. Great atmosphere and friendly staff, i would definitely go back!

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review. Our steak pie is one of our most popular dishes and an excellent choice. I'm glad you enjoyed the dish and your Saturday evening experience with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went here for my birthday meal. Food was expensive, service was ok, but the lamb and mint burger was burnt. I will not be returning.

I'm very disappointed to read your review. At Browns we pride ourselves on entertaining our tables dining for a special occasion, and aim to make the experience exceptional. I'm very disappointed that you and your party did not experience this. To have not received food and service to your expectation on a birthday occasion is not acceptable. In regard to pricing we do regularly carry out competitor research and feel we are priced competitively for the market in the area. I'm sorry you didn't have the experience you desired and any negativitys are investigated fully. It is feedback such as yours which allows us to improve our business and I do hope you will return to us.

Kind Regards