“Not impressed..”

Browns Brasserie and Bar
Ranked #106 of 1,262 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our building is the perfect example of 1830s classical architecture. Its understated elegance makes it a stylish, yet relaxing place to sample our delicious, freshly prepared food and our carefully chosen selection of wines, beers and cocktails. We're right in the centre of the oldest part of the city - the perfect place to watch the world go by as you sit back and enjoy our hospitality.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not impressed..”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The menu looked promising (even though it is the same across all chain restaurants) but we were not impressed by the food served.
One person from the group ordered the lamb shoulder with Yorkshire pudding but when it arrived it was cold so he had to sent it back. The did brought it back quite quickly and this time it was hot as it should be.
I've ordered linguine with prawns and crab but beside the portion being small, there were 5-6 prawns and barely any crab.
The service was also quite slow and not really helpful.
The only happy note on our visit was the live music by a pianist.
Don't think I will go there again, there should be better restaurants in Grey street.

1 Thank aria_o_
Brownsbrasserie, General Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear aria_o,

Thanks for the review. So sorry to hear the food wasn't up to your expectations, I'm disappointed to read your comments.

Should you wish to contact me direct and tell me more about your visit you can email me on browns.newcastle@mbplc.com.

Kind regards,

Dale

“Totally rubbish service and overpriced considering the appalling level of service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The bar staff were not being very attentive and I ended up giving up on ordering a drink because your staff couldn't be bothered to acknowledge or serve me. It was my first time in Browns and I was appalled by the service and attitude of your staff at the main bar, I will not be back. Waitress service was better.

2 Thank DrAndersonUK
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience in Browns was less than perfect. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, please contact me directly via browns.newcastle@mbplc.com Many thanks, Dale
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food, Great Service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very friendly, efficient staff, the food was lovely I had the Corn Fed Chicken followed by a Brownie, which was amazing. Only disappointment was the Blondie has been take off the menu. Recommend this restaurant to anyone!!!

• Visited July 2014
Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your time to review Browns. I'm very happy you recommend the cornfed chicken, one of our most popular dishes here. Having a white chocolate addiction myself, I am partial to a blondie and so sympathise that it is no longer on our menu, however I'm glad you enjoyed our delicious peruvian chocolate brownie.

Kind Regards
“Good vibe”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

we popped in here for what was going to be one drink, but ended up staying for over an hour. The staff are friendly, and the prices were a bit high, but that's to be expected on Grey St. It was very busy, but we still managed to find a table, and even got served drinks to the table rather than having to go to the bar.

“Great Scallops”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Came here for a meal and a few drinks, the food was amazing, I recommend the scallops to start!
Boyfriend had the bruchetta to start, didn't look as nice. Cocktails were really nice would definitely come again

Visited March 2014
Brownsbrasserie, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Many thanks for taking time to review Browns Newcastle. I'm glad you enjoyed your mealvery much, I have passed your great comments on to our kitchen I hope you return again very soon.

Kind Regards