“Great Place”

Jurys Inn Newcastle
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Have stayed here so many times over the last 5 years, I cannot remember the exact number. Excellent for the Station and just a short walk to the City centre. We use it as it is close to our daughter's flat and we always ask for a high floor to avoid the many Stag and Hen groups who stay here. On the one occasion we had to call security for help with a noisy neighbour, they were very prompt and very helpful. This was the only time we have had to book our room with a third party site as, usually, Jury's Inn own site offers as good a deal as elsewhere, or will price match. On this occasion, the main site had no rooms available, but did all they could to help and the reception staff ensured my loyalty points were added when we checked in. Great breakfast was included this time (we do not always eat here), free newspaper of our choice, comfy bed and clean bathroom - who could want more.

Room Tip: Top floors offer quieter rooms at the weekend.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas C, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, Im glad to hear you visit us regulary and make the most of our city centre location. I will ensure to pass your feedback to the rest of the staff.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Newcastle

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed late September and had a terrific stay. Everything was perfect from start to finish. The rooms were very comfortable with the little added extras that always help. Thanks to all the staff for making my stay such a pleasant experience, I'll be returning soon.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear that you will be choosing us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now even though I live local. The first time was with my partner following an evening at the Metro arena which is only a couple of minutes walk away so fantastic to go back after an event and not have the hassle of getting a taxi. All of the staff were fantastic so I wouldn't like to single any out to disappoint the names I didn't get. The duty manager seemed to be very active as he was there on the evening at check in ensuring everyone was catered for and even at breakfast making sure everything ran like a Swiss watch which it did.
Our room was very clean and for the price exceptional value for money. We seemed to be in an area of the hotel that was quiet as I had a great nights sleep.
The second time a stayed was with a group of male friends who had travelled up for the weekend. At check in the staff were very friendly even though they clearly new we were on a lads weekend, they did remind us several times it was a family hotel and noise would not be tolerated which I guess is only fair. The same duty manager was on from my previous stay and actually remembered my face which was nice and joked suggesting I was having a completely different night to last time so clearly remembered me, he also reminded us to be respectful to the other guests when we arrived back. However he made some good recommendations for us and was able to get us on the guest list for 2 of the main clubs which was great. When we got back to the hotel it was clear the reception staff grouped like minded groups together in the hotel as it was a little louder than my first stay with people being a little heavy with the doors but nothing over the top. As we missed breakfast the following morning we decided to have an early evening meal in the restaurant which was extremely nice and the chef's clearly but a lot of effort in to the menu and presentation of all the dishes. Not one of us were disappointed and were very full, you could even say the meals were a little too classy for us on this occasion. Both stays were great and I would strongly recommend anyone to stay at this well ran hotel.

Room Tip: both the rooms I stayed in were very similar and I wouldn't have an issue staying in either agai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Im glad to hear your a regular guest. Here at Jurys Inn we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. I will ensure to share your review with the rest of the staff which Im sure they will appreciate.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 November 2013

we stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night and we were worried before we got there about its location and the noise but we needn't have bothered it was very well located for easy access to all the local attraction and quiet on a night time. the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean and had plenty of milk teas and coffee in them. breakfast was good as well what more could you ask for from a last minute booking. we will defiantly be returning in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our breakfast service.

I hope you choose to visit us again soon

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very welcoming from the initial contact at reception to when we left. Room was lovely and very clean. We did not eat at the hotel but did have a few drinks at the bar. the prices we thought were reasonable and the staff very pleasant. Have stayed at many hotels on weekends away and this was by far one of the best. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure to pass your feedback on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Not The Worst Hotel I've Stayed In But At The Price I Paid I Was Very Disappointed. I Booked A Superior Room Because It States These Rooms Are Located In A Quiet Part Of The Hotel. What A Joke That Was, I Was Kept Awake All Night By People Coming In Drunk Talking, Shouting, Screaming In The Corridor And Rooms Nearby. It Got So Bad At 3Am I Rang Reception And Complained, They Did Send Someone Up To Check It Out But The Noise Didn't Stop All Together. Also The Bathroom Could Have Been Cleaner I Noticed Hair And Pubes Next To The Bath! The Breakfast Was Good, My Boyfriend and I Had Been To The Metro Arena So It Was An Ideal Location For That And The City Centre. Ok For Stag And Hens But Due To The Total Lack Of Sleep And Price We Paid I Wouldn't Stay There Again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest

I am dissapointed to hear that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. We have a zero tollerence with regards to excessive noise. I am glad to hear the night staff actioned your concerns during your visit.

Please contact me on thomas_carter@jurysinns.com so that I can discuss the matter further

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had an overnight stay. Very pleasant hotel, we were lucky enough to be given a room with view over the river. All staff very friendly and helpful, excellent breakfast, very fresh and tasty. Room very good. However, is a popular hotel for stag and hen parties so can be noisy in the bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of River.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas C, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I will ensure to pass your positive feedback to the rest of the team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle upon Tyne
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Ci...
#18 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#23 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle? Share your experiences!