Ok budget hotel, indifferent staff
I was a bit uncertain whether to book this hotel, but rate of £44 through e-bookers and it being a Monday evening, thought I'd to avoid the well reported stags dos and price seemed too good to miss.
Welcome was at best luck warm, more indifferent, 2 male staff on check in, one seemed to be directing the other on how to correct some error he'd made on his PC, whilst he did acknowledge me after a minute just to tell me to wait a moment whilst he finished what he was doing, his colleague was clearly more important to him that an arriving guest. When I filled in booking form he wandered back to the colleague to finish conversation and I had to call him back to complete check in - definitely needs some training on how to deal with customers! Key issued, directed to lifts and on my way. No offer of dinner, breakfast times, wifi etc Hotel may be cheap but failed to cross sell anything or create a welcome.
Room was adequate, small double and single bed - it's while since I've stayed at Jury's so forgot this arrangement. Shower great and decent toiletries.
Came back later, no evidence of any security, no one on reception, and I walked to lifts without challenge - anyone could have walked in without challenge that night.
Noisy during night from busy road immediately outside and doors banging noticeable. Bed was comfy - shame sheet was not as long as the bed and the cheap mattress cover was evident.
Check out whilst less rude, was as indifferent as check in.
So for price ok - staff need some training to focus on customers, it's clear they are at best functional rather than effective - very unusual for Newcastle...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Newcastle offers great-value accommodation in the very centre of vibrant Newcastle. The hotel is just 500 metres from Newcastle Rail Station, a short walk from a plethora of shops, bars and restaurants and just a 10 minute walk from Eldon Square and The Gate shopping centres. The Centre for Life science is 200 metres away and Newcastle United Football Club is 900 metres from the hotel. Its excellent city-centre location makes it the ideal place to stay when visiting Newcastle for both business and leisure. Newcastle is known for its vibrant nightlife and has been voted one of the UK's leading destinations for stag and hen parties. The hotel features an all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. Enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Laundry and dry cleaning service is available. If arriving by car public car parking is available nearby at Times Square car park, located next door to the hotel. Our 274 comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All bedrooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme, Jurys Rewards. Enjoy a warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Newcastle with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Jurys Inn Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Jurys Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne