Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$78
HolidayInn.com
US$101
US$78
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$110
US$93
US$106
US$88
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
Priceline
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$30
Official Hotel Site
    Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

2,721 results
    All reviewstrain stationcity centrestag and hen partiesbusiness tripclean hotelcar parklovely hotelideal locationbuffet breakfastmin walkwould stay againchecking inreception staffexcellent staystayed for one nightgood nights sleepsaturday night
    Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really didn't want to write a negative review for Jury's as I really enjoy staying at their hotels, but I genuinely was disappointed.

First I would like to point out it was not the staff's fault, they were very nice & very apologetic the next morning when we mentioned how bad our night was (yet no discount offered to us unlike a reviewer I see below me...hmmm)

In plain and simple terms: if you WANT to sleep do NOT stay here on a Saturday night. At all. Ever. If you are on a stag or hen do then this IS the place for you! You will be surrounded by peers!

We stayed here on a Saturday night as we were in town for a gig at the University, the location isn't perfect for the venue as it's a fair 20 minute walk away, but as we booked last minute we couldn't find anywhere closer & as I have stayed in Jurys before in plenty of other cities I wasn't worried about our choice.....

Check in was quick and easy. We were directed to our room on the 6th floor, room 610 to be precise. Right at the end of a corridor so it should have been a quiet uneventful nights sleep. The corridor smelt like a smoking room, we noticed as soon as we got out of the lift, pretty gross especially since the smoking ban has been in full effect for an eternity. It was warm when we arrived in Newcastle, but no AC not even a fan in our room so putting our hair straighteners on was SO much fun. On the way out I noticed our room had duct taped light switches which was a neat addition we definitely didn't pay extra for (picture attached).

We left the hotel at 3pm. That's 3 in the afternoon. We were harassed by three extreeeemely drunk dudes who were also staying at the Jurys right outside of the hotel doors whilst waiting to get into a taxi. They were attempting to flash us, which I am sure I would have found greatly amusing if I was as drunk as they were in the middle of the afternoon, yet sadly I was not. Mortified just about covers it. This really should have made us realise what we were in for when we returned that evening.

We had a great night out with friends, we were drunk when we returned but not quite, um, "newcastle" drunk? I think what sobered us up was waiting 45 mins for a cab that never turned up (LA Cabs I believe - the hotel had recommended them) in the cold north air because the weather had took a giant turn for the worse. When we finally flagged down a cab and got back to the hotel around 3am we were greeted by 4 massive security guys on the door. There was gangs of seriously drunk people stumbling everywhere & people shouting & screaming at each other. We quickly got out of the cab and made a run for the lobby. The lobby wasn't much better, drunks shuffling around like a scene from the walking dead, all the couches and chairs overturned which I guess is some sort of ploy to make people go to their rooms and not hang out in the lobby? I'm not sure but it looked awful. We dashed into a lift and I quickly hit the button to close the doors lest we have to share it. We finally got to the safety of our room and attempted to get some sleep as we had a 6 hour drive the next day, but sleep is not something that comes easy in Newcastle on a Saturday night. At around 5am they came. I'm not sure who exactly, but approx 5 guys started hammering at our door to tell us they had pizza & that they were rubbing it on our door for us. So very thoughtful! Normally I would not be opposed to being woken up to pizza, but this night I wasn't particularly overjoyed. We opted for the 'if we ignore them they will leave' option, which eventually worked.

I'm sure this problem is not exclusive to this hotel & is probably Newcastle wide as it is a city famed for it's nightlife - but surely there has to be a way around it. The guy we checked out with apologised and told us that usually they try to keep customers who aren't a part of a large group in rooms away from the chaos. Sadly this didn't happen for us. I would like to say if that is what the staff have to deal with every weekend then they probably deserve medals.

All in all, this eventful evening at the Jury's cost £89 and I really did begrudge paying it to be honest. Was the bed comfy? Yes. Was the bathroom clean? Yes. And any other day of the week I am sure I would give this place another chance, but never again on a Saturday. Sorry Jury's.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
    4  Thank GDRUK
    OpsManager_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm extremely disappointed to read that you experienced a problem during your stay, security walks are completed through out the night to help minimise and disturbance when guests are returning late in the evening. Please can you contact me directly so I can investigate your other comments further?

thomas_carter@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here perfectly decent hotel, returned from a nice night out with my good lady. Walking casually up to the hotel which now has bouncers on the door to be told very rudely that we are not both allowed in the hotel because we didn't bring both keys out. Why would a couple bring both keys out with them??I was harassed by this obnoxious yob through the hotel up to reception where we had to prove we had booked a double room. For the record I am over 40 was smartly attired, a business man and stay in hotels a lot and I am absolutely furious train your staff or get rid if this bad egg or at check in tell your guests to take both keys if they want to actually stay in the room they are paying for, Won't be going again as receptionist on the night time did nothing about the baffoons behaviour I have never wrote a review before but feel disgusted enough to bother this time

• Stayed: August 2014
    4  Thank Mjw200000

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, due to the safety and security of all our guests we must verify who is staying in each room if a key card is not available, which is why we register all guests on arrival. I will ensure however to pass your comments on to the security management.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a fab weekend in Newcastle, staying at the Jury's inn, the hotel was modern, clean & accommodating! The staff was very friendly & helpful, rooms were just what you need, even the cleaner was lovely! There was a 'iron room' which I thought was a good idea! The buffet breakfast was lush, there was something for everybody! There was a taxi lady, security. I loved my weekend & was overall really pleased with the hotel, would def recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest

I'm delighted to read that you had an enjoyable weekend with us and you appreciated the extra services we supply, such as taxi marshals and security. The head chef will be pleased to read your comments with regards to his breakfast selection which we believe is the perfect offering to start your day.

Look forward to your next visit to Newcastle.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at Jury's inn for one night on a dinner, bed and breakfast package. We were efficiently checked in by Carl, the duty manager and allocated our room. We encountered an issue on entering the room which necessitated a return to reception and as the matter could not be resolved immediately Carl allocated a new room. The evening meal portions were so good even our son didn't have room for desert and we were grateful for the hotels proximity to the quayside for a good walk before bed. Breakfast is buffet style and offer all the components for a full English along with a wide range of cereals, porridge and continental pastries.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor. Apparently the upper floors are the quietest.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Notts_Slatz

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, Carl has recently been promoted to a duty manager role and will be delighted with your comments. Im pleased that the issue you had on arrival was dealt with in a efficient and professional manner.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hotel was exactly as described, staff helpful and friendly but other guests (mostly stag and hen groups) made the possibility of a night's sleep very unlikely. Late night music, running in corridors and shouting throughout the night. So if you want a party weekend this is the hotel for you - families should go somewhere else

Response from staff was to apologise and offer a discount on any future stays - discount on this stay would have been more appropriate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank smartie879

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I'm disappointed to read that you had a disturbed sleep, our 24 hour reception team would have gladly assisted if made aware. As discussed on departure please contact me directly when you plan to visit Newcastle again.

thomas_carter@jurysinns.com