“Terrible”

Metro Inns Newcastle
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Wouldnt advise this hotel to anybody! Rats in the car park... Shared toilets which leak and can only be described as portable loos... Very arrogant and rude staff... Disgusting rooms with beds that are about to give way and windows which dont shut or lock properly!! Worst hotel ive ever stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Cumbrianlad20
There are newer reviews for Metro Inns Newcastle

Reviewed 17 June 2012

As a large group of adults and children coming to watch my brother carry the Olympic torch, we were looking for cheap and cheerful, and Metro Inns, Newcastle is exactly that! I'd read the reviews, some of them were pretty awful, and I must admit to being slightly apprehensive. The manageress of the hotel had phoned me the day before we arrived to check the booking was correct, and this gave me an opportunity to ask about the negative reviews on Trip Advisor. She answered all my questions honestly, and also told me that she had placed all our group in the same area of the hotel, and away from the stag party that was also there. When we arrived we found the rooms to be very clean, and the guy on reception was very helpful. We didn't have any issues about the shared toilets/showers (well, we don't have en-suite at home......) and it wasn't like there was miles to walk to reach them, they were on the same corridor. The Metro Inns was excellent value for money, we paid £20 for a triple room, that worked out at £6.66 per person..........bargain!!! There's a Toby carvery next door if you were hungry and vending machines in the reception if you're thirsty, and if you want a cuppa or a microwave snack there's also a kettle and microwave in the reception. Definite value for money!!! And none of my group (there were 16 of us) had anything negative to say!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great value for money, what do people expect for the price? I paid 22.50 for two nights, can't really complain about that! The staff were mega, mega helpful and polite, the rooms were clean but basic. I thought shared toilets and showers would have been a nightmare, but not once did I have to queue for them, and also they were very clean, although on one occasion we had to request toilet paper as there wasn't any.

The only problem is that it's quite a way from the town center, it costs a set far of £9 with a firm called Geordie Taxis, it's definitely not walking distance although there is a bus stop nearby.

We stayed for 2 nights and on the second night when we arrived home at 4am to find a burger bar parked up outside-result! The hotdogs from there were delicious!

We had a giggle with other people staying at the hotel and all in all it was a great atmosphere, definitely for clubbers though, not recommeded for families at all.

Oh and bring your own food as there's nothing nearby for breakfast etc, there's a vending machine at reception and tea/coffee materials.

Tried to book it in 3 weeks and it has been booked up already so having to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simone E
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Got here, thought it looked not bad. Situated too far out though, next to a dual carrigeway?!?! Got to the rooms, very dissapointed, especially with the state of the bathrooms/toilets. Made me not want to shower at all, although I had to as I was there for 3 nights. Suppose it's value for money but could at least be kept clean!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HarveyBoy1
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We went on a stag do with 12 guys. We paid £67 for a triple room for 2 nights. To make this review make sense that's £11.16 each a night.

If you want somewhere cheap and good to sleep then read on. If you want a hotel to be a hotel then move to the next hotel.

Were start with the first people you meet, the staff. I have given service a 3 purely because there isn't anything to give a service on, there is no bar ect (although Toby Cavery next door), but when the staff could help ie supply cab numbers, suggest places to go they were brilliant and sometimes a bit funny.
Just a quick point the room deposit they take needs to be cash. Not a massive problem but would be good to know in case we didn't have cash.

Moving onto the rooms, first clean but yes basic, then double bed is a bit small so if your trying to fit a rugby team or something but be a bit tight but if you drunk then it should be ok.

The toilets and showers I was worried about them because they were shared. Again clean, they have a self cleaning system, I'm not sure how it works but seems to keep on top of it but it did start cleaning while my mate in the toilet but to be honest a road trip with some funny stories isn't a road trip.
When I got in on Friday night there was a guy being sick all in the toliet but when I got up at about 10am it was clean.

The location isn't brilliant but not really a problem. It's between a £25-£30 12 seater minibus journey to town centre and at the end of the night the cabs ranged from £9 to £12.

Value is 5/5. This hotel and I think the staff and owners would agree is a little ropey round the edges but as in the beginning of the review it's £11.16 each a night and if you factor in the extra cab journeys it's £36ish each for the weekend. When I was trying to book hotel right in town centre I could not find anything for less than £65 each and who's to say that isn't crap.

If you happy with a cheap good bed then perfect.

If you want want a hotel with the thrills then jog on.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Got here expecting some sleep but did that happen? No! I think world war2 was being repeated in the corridors from the various parties of drunk people. Communal toilets were horrible, everytime I went in there was a toilet otter staring at me. I got in my bed a was stabbed by a toenail, there was dried sick in the carpet. Overall don't stay here unless you want a few diseases! The place is a dump and I expect thats what prison cell mates experience. plus a homosexual tried to get into my room at 2 in the morning. Never again, pass me the biro mate

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Got to the hotel expecting a decent nights sleep which i can certainly say didnt happen. our room stank of stale fish. There was rowdy drunks slamming doors and partying all night. The communial toilets didnt appear to be cleaned at all. Was very disappointed with the stay. Would reccomend the travelodge next door as this one has got to be bad for your health