“Extremely good value”

Metro Inns Newcastle
Newton Aycliffe, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely good value”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The rooms themselves were basic but for 12 pound each, You can't argue with.The hotel is situated 10/15 mins from the centre of Newcastle. Blueline taxis was 12 pounds for 5 people just for one way. Toby carvery is right next to the hotel and they serve all you can eat breakfasts for 4 pounds. All in all a great cheap night in Newcastle. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matthew H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Does what it says on the tin and for that reason I won't complain as I knew what to expect. The rooms really are incredibly basic with no niceties at all. However, the bed was clean and that was the main concern. I arrived at 10pm and had to leave at 6.45am, so it did the job as a very short stop over. Showers and toilets were clean-ish (wear flipflops!). My only problem was that I was disturbed throughout the night due to the noise from parties coming in/going out, as my room was just off the main entrance. Again - it was Friday night so I can't complain. I'd especially like to mention and thank the thoughtful guy at reception for providing me with a cup of tea on arrival and saving me from having to go out to the reception area full of party goers in my pjs! He was extremely helpful and as a women travelling alone he ensured I felt safe i.e. - checked windows for me and made sure I knew how to lock the door etc. Cheers!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The manageress was wonderful and looked after our family great .She moved us rooms so that our toddler would not be bothered by the noisy stags at the weekend, she was wonderful and friendly and considerate. Excellent customer service and we felt well looked after. However , we were in 2 separate rooms and both times the sink was blocked. We unblocked the first sink, (inconsiderate guests are putting rubber down the sink) , so the hotel could do with a bit of maintenance but this is a great hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If travelling at the weekend with a child tell the receptionist and ask to be placed away from the w...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie S
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Metro Inn when we travelled to Newcastle for the Great North Run. It is a ten minute walk to the Metro, which takes you straight into the city centre in 15 minutes. The accommodation was very basic, but also very clean and comfortable. The staff went the extra mile to be friendly and all the runners in the hotel were able to store their bags during the race and were granted free use of the showers and a changing room once the race was over. We couldn't have asked for better service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Corby
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stop over on the way to Edinburgh. We arrived at 9pm and left at 8am the next day and were really glad we only stayed for that long. It is obviously aimed at the stag do market and was ridiculously cheap so I feel bad for complaining too much but it was pretty horrendous. The room was small which I don't mind but the mattress on the bed was about 2 inches thick and very uncomfortable. We didn't have an en-suite which I wouldn't have minded but the toilets were about 15 yards down the corridor and were horrific. When we first arrived the toilet had something floating in it and the sink was blocked with beans where someone had obviously been sick. I didn't dare look into the shower room. Our room also had a horrible smell in it which we couldn't get rid of. Late at night it got very noisy but thankfully I was so tired it didn't disturb me too much.

The only saving grace was that the TV worked OK with freeview and the room had a sink in the corner which was handy for having a wash in the morning. There is a Toby Carvey just next door which was handy for a drink in the evening and breakfast in the morning. If you really just need somewhere for a night and are looking for something really cheap, then it might be worth booking here but I wouldn't suggest staying for anything more than 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed there after a stag night in Newcastle. Yes it was cheap but i would rather pay more and have a loo in the room. Toilets and showers were at the end of the corridor. They were moulded, one piece plastic, self cleaning thingys that i was reluctant to use. Never slept a wink because of the noise. Traffic and other drunken party goers. And they had the cheek to take a £50 deposit from us.Oh well, you get what you pay for !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was pleased with my stay at this budget hotel. Room, basic-simple. One double bed, and a bunk bed overhead. There was a small portable style TV in one corner, with a remote. The key for the room, and the remote controls where given to me by the receptionist- I handed them both back in when I checked out.
There are communal showers/toilets in the corridor outside the bedrooms.
When I stayed I was aware of people moving about in the corridor outside- probably early starters, going to work???.
Overall- simple design, no frills- functional. The staff who I spoke to where friendly, eager to please.
This is some where I would stay again. Brilliant price.
Totally happy with my stay at this budget hotel.
Ed.

Room Tip: Ring up ahead of your stay- ask for a quiet room. The staff advised me it can be a "bit noisy o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo