Metro Inns Newcastle
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$80
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$93
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$115
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    • Restaurant
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 4 April 2010

Upon entering the room, we found that we were unable to fully open the door as it hit the corner of the bed.
    The TV was bolted to the wall and there were bars on the windows.
    We had a beautiful view of the room across from us outside the window.
    There was some dubious looking stains on the bedsheets.
    The sink was cracked and the water was dirty.
    The staff were rude and disgusting.
    I daren't venture into the showers but from what my partner told me, it's best I didn't.
    The toilet was like stepping back into the medieval era. I was lucky not to catch the Plague.
    Hardly a short walk from the city centre. Our taxi driver charged us £14 for the trip there.
    Not even a hardened criminal would feel comfortable in this hell hole.

I'd rather shoot myself in the head than stay there ever again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank emmikins
    Reviewed 18 June 2009

Despite the smoking ban, the room smelt of smoke. The price is cheap - you get what you (don't) pay for. The room consists of bed, small TV and smokey smell. I used this as my rent in one house finished the day before my new tenancy started and needed somewhere cheap for a night. I would pay extra to get somewhere better next time. Truly terrible. There is no service. There is nothing. It's a (bad) collection of rooms.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 2 March 2009

Rooms were spotless , beds very comfortable , and the Receptionist was an absolute darling. Any one who moans about this place is missing the point. Its £9-50 FFS. Your not going to get en-suite, with all the trimmings.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
    2  Thank ArdonSilverstone
    Reviewed 18 November 2008

I wish I'd read the reviews before I booked!

The Hotel's own website says that you're sure of :
    "A peaceful and soothing night"
    Things were peaceful ... maybe even soothing until 2am when the other clients: late teens/early 20s started to return from a night on the town. Shouting, doors banging and feet tramping along corridors went on until after 4.30 and we were woken soon after 8 am as the "fun" started again. To be fair all the youngsters we met were good humoured and friendly and we certainly didn't feel threatened ... just Old :-)

We were there working with a jazz band and the rest were booked in for the next night...... except they weren't...... 4 rooms had been booked through 2 separate agencies but the hotel knew nothing about them. Several other people turned up to find that rooms they'd booked on-line weren't available. We already knew that Newcastle hotels were full as we'd tried to find an alternative (at almost any price) for our 2nd night. In the end we decided to drive home and inflict our room on another pair from the band.

I don't know if this is part of a chain but I'll stick to Travelodges in future, they're clean, have notices reminding guests to be quiet after hours and they don't lose your booking.

Stayed: November 2008
    1  Thank Kaminsky
    Reviewed 24 October 2008

booked through lastminute.com only to find roomsnot booked on our arrival....anyway they had rooms left so all ok.

the hotel itself is very basic, but for £10 each i dont think you can expect much more. the beds were clean athough hard but not enough bedding for the bunk and only one thin pillow, not enough.

i was in a party of 6 women of varying ages having a night out in newcastle from yorkshire, so for that purpose it is ideal, as you dont want to spend loads on a bed you dont spend very long in after returning from town.

very noisy in the corridors and didn get any sleep till 4.30 am. checked out at 10.a.m with no problems getting our deposit back.

we are going there agin in november so it cant be that bad!

just dont expect any luxuries or peace and quiet and you wont go far wrong. its a base.....thats it.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
      • Check-in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)