“Awful.”
Review of Newcastle Rooms

Newcastle Rooms
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night and it was absolutely awful.On arrival we paid 17 pound for a bedroom with two single beds in.Bedding was clean but very uncomfortable and the bedfames where filthy! On the bedroom walls it looked like there was damp as the walls where marked. It was freezing cold, Had to complain to ask about putting heating on. Building seems like it doesn't get treated well,Never seen one cleaner! Man on desk was hard to understand but was friendly. Must of had a few guests staying when we were there so car park was full,didn't feel right having to park the car behind the building as i didn't know if there was any CCTV back there. The shared bathroom (Shower) on the top floor was disgraceful,very mucky and wasn't getting took care of. Hardly ever used the toilet as it was smelly and people were not flushing after themselves. In our bedroom cupboard we found take away boxes/wrappers what looked like they ha been there awhile. Would Never stay here again and id advise anyone not to either. I would rather pay for a travlelodge or a Priemer inn next time.

3  Thank Amy P
There are newer reviews for Newcastle Rooms

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Horrible Horrible Place, I wouldn't let it be used to keep my pets in!

PROS -

Cheap (don't be fooled)

CONS -

On arrival asked for £15 each deposits for 6 people
Smells bad.
Staff spoke to each other in there own language. (I personally find that rude).
Mould on mattresses.
Miles away from the city centre. (1hr 30min walk) 5/6 mins in taxi
Our mattress had a penis drawn on it, and the other mattress had rude words!
Dirty marks on walls which looked like someone had spat on them
Broken blinds
Parts of the wall falling off
The shower was dirty
Windows were painted shut
Bed was a mattress on top of a wooden box need i say anymore.

We did get our money back, only after telling them we were going to environmental health.
We told the manager how we felt and asked him what he thought about the mattresses and he tried to blame the cleaner. Iv never seen anything like this, don't know how they are still allowed to be open!

Have a look at my pictures i have uploaded!

Please Please Please don't book this hotel to stay !!

4  Thank anne m
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here for a stag do in Newcastle, on 11/01/2014. On arrival our group of five were asked for a £40.00 deposit, no mention of this previously but we paid. Our rooms were one room with a double bed and one room with 4 single beds..of these 1 was actually a bed the other 3 were put together out of mdf! The bathroom seemed to be shared with several rooms but looked fairly decent, toilet, bath, separate shower. By this stage of the day staying somewhere else was probably not an option but it looked grim and like a POW camp other than the bathroom and view from the outside. As we went to leave the 4 bed room seemed to have some issues with the lock where we nearly ripped the handle off locking it and had to find a member of staff who appeared to lock it.
A good night out was had but at some point in the night the bathroom got flooded...with toilet water! I also woke up to find the door to our 4 bed room unlocked and open..a bit concerning.
No shower in the morning due to the bathroom situation.
Breakfast was pre-packed cheap chocolate croisannts, cheap cereal and juices and nothing hot other than the water for the sachet coffee and tea. Deposits were returned with apparently no check of our room so no idea what the idea was there other than to try and fleece people depending on the staffs' impression of the people asking for their money.
Some would say it is not bad at £27.00 per person. But I would rather pay for a premier inn or Travelodge in future and I have got my head down in a lot of places. It needs some serious investment.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Such a shame they haven't done anything inside as the building is beautiful. Really dated carpets, four single beds crammed into one room, old tacky bed frames (of which one seemed to have a smear of what I can only describe as human excrement, see pictures). The heating wasn't on so the room was damp and cold to the point where we had to get ready with blankets wrapped around us. We asked the guy at reception to turn the heating on which he did, for ten minutes. We pushed the single beds together and found a patch under one of the beds. I'm assuming it was vomit that hadn't been cleaned properly and had therefore turned mouldy. No en suite toilet, just a random sink in the corner of the room. No television, tea bags and coffee, no kettle. Minimal options for breakfast. Toast, cereal, yogurts or dry chocolate croissant. Complete let down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Manky horrible scruffy palce had a canny night at the comedy club in the town but the hotel is more of a half way house than a hotel wud not advise any body to stay there needs about half a million spending on it to fetch it up to a gud enough standard gud not sleep for noise walls paper thin can hear everything plus next door having sex !!! As for breakfast it was toast and juice and cheap breakfast cereal and the toilets are rank the bedding doesn't match base was water damaged

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank bongo1155
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I would not go back in my life ever again.Staff are horrible,unexperience and irresponsible etc: I parked my car front of the reception and by accident I haven't locked it after, few hours latter I realised it's haven't been locked yet,I came back to the car park front of reception to lock the car but I found it's already been stolen missing quite few things from the car.I wasn't too worried about it because there was security camera in the car park.I went back to the reception and I asked the skinny indian man what's been happened,the man said we haven't seen anything,I said could you not check your CCTV?He said oh!! our CCTV isn't working since this morning that's all he said nothing more then that,not even apologise.It's was very unexpected.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The outside looks great! Shame abou the inside of the place it's a great looking building We left before breakfast due to the state of the place.
all the furniture in the room was broken and poorly repaired. We had to share a toilet with god knows how many people they stank of pee, and some didn't even have paper in. The walls are paper thin and people were going around late at night making a racket with no consideration to other people. Don't be fooled it is doesn't live up to what the outside portrays, waste of money not going back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends