“"Dump"”

Newcastle Rooms
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“"Dump"”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Two friends and I pre-booked the quad room for a lad’s night out in Newcastle. Where do I start? The reception area was the only reasonably decent thing about the whole establishment! The deeper we delve, the more deplorable the condition. On entering the room we were gob smacked! It was dingy, freezing cold, had a whole in the wall, broken furniture and bed linen which appeared to have seen better days. To put it bluntly it was a hovel! The manger informed us that it would take an hour for the heating to come on, but he could supply us with two calor gas heaters! I can’t believe this establishment is asking people to pay to stay in it, it was a disgrace! We ended up taking our money back and booking somewhere else for only £15 extra per person!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank drwho2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is the pits there was a hole in the wall the back of the wardrobe had fell off .The room was freezing cold.Me and my two mates had paid £120 for this hole and £15 a head if something was damaged.The guy on the desk said give it an hour to warm up and then he said he would get us calor gas heaters.We had to share a minging shower .So we made him give us a refund on the spot and we then stayed at jurys in the city centre for £150 which included breakfast spot on .Don'r ever go to the Newcastle rooms its very sad place.

1 Thank Dan Hansell

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Lets be straight this place is a dump however as I was on a leaving do with work it serviced a purpose to get my head down at 3am and then up n off home in the morning. The single room was £33 which for a Saturday night is good however this place makes Travelodge look like the Ritz! The room was okay, dull lighting, no toilet but there was a sink, tea/coffee making facilities and they provided a towel. There was a flat screen tv but doesn't work unless you pay an extra £5 so didn't bother. Checked in then went for a shower, a group of lads at Reception were not happy as had been waiting 45 mins for their room but I had no such issues. The shower stank and it was only tepid but again served a purpose. When I went out the bus stop into town is every few mins and opposite the hotel. Number 30 or 31 and is £2.20 into town. The area itself looks very rough so make sure your car is secure. The hotel has free Wi-Fi but I didn't take my ipad for fear of break in. Came back at 2.45am in a taxi advertised on the hotel key which cost £4.75, don't know why people say its miles from the city centre because it isn't. In my drunken state I went to the wrong room, number 9 instead of 8 and unlocked the door with my key, I immediatley realised my mistake and left locking the door behind me! Fortunately no-one was in! The next morning I went for a shower and to my dismay someone had pooed in the shower, totally disgusting so I gave that a miss and reported it to the Reception. He didn't seem bothered as if it was the norm. Went for breakfast which was awful, stale cornflakes, full fat milk and mouldy croissants so skipped that and took a takeaway black coffee. Checked out and reported the key issue but didn't seem that bothered either.

Room Tip: Do not take your wife or girlfriend, they would be gutted
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Came here with four friends to find our 5 bed room had been double booked and we were moved to a single doubled bed and three bed room. The rooms smelled, shared shower room covered in piss on the floor, stains under mattress. The final straw was the cold shower! Staff very rude and unhelpful. It may be cheap but certainly not worth it. I have never been so appalled and disgusted in all my life at the service we received. Will never be back at that sad excuse of a hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Better spending your money elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Terrible do not stay here it's vile no toilet in your room shared shower for at least 10 people no fire alarms I cut my hand and didn't even have a first aid box to us or even plasters vile.staff terrible no help at all not beds it's wooden boxes with mattresses on top.miles away from city centre if I had my car I would have slept in that instead.no heating in room or curtains vile vile vile

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vikki1987xx
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night and it was absolutely awful.On arrival we paid 17 pound for a bedroom with two single beds in.Bedding was clean but very uncomfortable and the bedfames where filthy! On the bedroom walls it looked like there was damp as the walls where marked. It was freezing cold, Had to complain to ask about putting heating on. Building seems like it doesn't get treated well,Never seen one cleaner! Man on desk was hard to understand but was friendly. Must of had a few guests staying when we were there so car park was full,didn't feel right having to park the car behind the building as i didn't know if there was any CCTV back there. The shared bathroom (Shower) on the top floor was disgraceful,very mucky and wasn't getting took care of. Hardly ever used the toilet as it was smelly and people were not flushing after themselves. In our bedroom cupboard we found take away boxes/wrappers what looked like they ha been there awhile. Would Never stay here again and id advise anyone not to either. I would rather pay for a travlelodge or a Priemer inn next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Amy P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Horrible Horrible Place, I wouldn't let it be used to keep my pets in!

PROS -

Cheap (don't be fooled)

CONS -

On arrival asked for £15 each deposits for 6 people
Smells bad.
Staff spoke to each other in there own language. (I personally find that rude).
Mould on mattresses.
Miles away from the city centre. (1hr 30min walk) 5/6 mins in taxi
Our mattress had a penis drawn on it, and the other mattress had rude words!
Dirty marks on walls which looked like someone had spat on them
Broken blinds
Parts of the wall falling off
The shower was dirty
Windows were painted shut
Bed was a mattress on top of a wooden box need i say anymore.

We did get our money back, only after telling them we were going to environmental health.
We told the manager how we felt and asked him what he thought about the mattresses and he tried to blame the cleaner. Iv never seen anything like this, don't know how they are still allowed to be open!

Have a look at my pictures i have uploaded!

Please Please Please don't book this hotel to stay !!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends