Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$94
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
Priceline
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$110
US$93
US$112
US$88
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
US$104
US$80
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$30
Official Hotel Site
    Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 5 girls and it was just dandy!!
    The service from the staff was not brilliant but after us telling them pretty much what to do it was fine.
    We stayed in the cottage which was spacious yet basic but ideal to crash in after a night out!
    If you are planning on cooking, you will need to bring your own oven trays as the ones they give you from the kitchen have grease on from breakfast 10years ago.
    I would highly recommend this hotel, even if the taxi driver locks the door for safety on pick up.

We have booked

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Lauratodddodd
    Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for about three weeks on my own and initially when I checked in all the staff were lovely and there were no issues with the room , very basic but you get what you pay for! However a few days in to my stay I was wondering why my room had not been cleaned when I raised this they said I must ask for this to be done which I found a bit strange but I got on with it..BUT every time I asked for this to be done it was not so each time I had to ask three times before it was done which was very frustrating. Breakfast is very average but I was fine with this..until the toaster broke and they did not have a replacement and when they finally got one the bready they put out had mould all over , pretty disgusting! I think for a one night stay this would be bearable but for any longer think again and spend that extra money it will totally be worth it! Anyway some of the staff were ok and friendly but this was ruined by the rest who were just plain rude.

Room Tip: Pick a room with an en suite
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank Aimée H
    Reviewed 16 April 2014

A friend and I (both girls) booked the double private room for 3 nights here. It was relatively cheap compared to the other hostels in Newcastle and we were very glad we picked this place. The room was tidy and comfortable, with a sink. They even had a tray with a kettle and some coffee and tea packets. It was all very welcoming. We were cold on the first night, but with telling the reception, they came up and turned on the heater for us. The room was cozily warm for the rest of our stay.
    And on top of all that, breakfast is free. There's a variety of cereals and juices, with croissants and pain-au-chocolat, and toast and jam. There's also coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and milk to choose from. The dining area was very well laid out.
    They have a TV room, which is quite spacious with a large TV. We watched the Cricket World Cup there.
    The only downside is that some of the staff don't smile. I found that quite displeasing, but the rest of the staff made up for it. They even printed out my coach tickets for me!

As for location, it is not walking distance to the city (well, 45 minutes or so). But the number 30 or 31 bus drops us right in front of the hostel, which made it very convenient. And there is also Lidl a few minutes' walk away and Iceland and Asda a little further down. There are also good restaurants on West Road, which is about 20 minutes walk from the hostel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have mixed feelings about this place. My overall feeling is that it is a terrible establishment. The rooms are quite dirty. There are stains on the walls that could be alcohol, water or any other fluids for that matter. The service is poor and sullen. The place itself is in a quite undesirable area. The building is run down and in a terrible state
    However when i break things down i think maybe it wasn't so bad. The sheets were clean and new, the bathroom suite itself looked new and was very clean. The shower in our room was amazing! like a power shower. The communal and dining areas were very presentable and had sky sports which meant we could watch the football. The breakfast was very good. i have stayed at many hostels and this breakfast stood up against a lot of them. Good selection of cereals, fresh milk, apple juice, orange juice and pineapple juice. all were replenished frequently. Fresh fruit, toast and croissants also.
    Lets be honest, it is a poor place to stay. If you had your choice of establishments to stay at in Newcastle, this place would come pretty far down the list. However for one night, as somewhere to sleep whilst drunk, then it will do.
    This is a place for lads and stag do's and i would say that if you really can’t find anywhere else to stay then I would almost guarantee you would find a room here

Room Tip: The en suites seem to be the best buy. the showers are clean
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Balaban1
    Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were 8 guys and we wanted a room that was cheap for a night. The hotel was classy, the rooms were clean and the best thing about affordable taxis around. The breakfast was good, unlike other expensive hotels. We really enjoyed our stay there and next time we are in Newcastle that’s the place to spend the night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends