Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$94
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$111
US$107
Hotels.com
US$121
US$82
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$107
US$87
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$30
Official Hotel Site
    Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    US$110
    US$92
    • Restaurant
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed there as the starting point of my Hadrian's Wall walk. Thankfully, I was only there for one night. I checked in at 16.00 with no trace of my booking at the reception (I always have a copy of my booking, so it made it easier). I was told to wait in the sitting room cause the room was not ready. Set in an historic building in need of quick and complete refursbishment, the place is all right for a short stay or overnight stay to visit the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
    3  Thank Cimmerianbloke
    Reviewed 5 May 2014

To secure the booking, I paid half the amount of our two night registered stay at this hostel. I cancelled my reservation at this location 10 days prior to when we were to check in as our plans had changed. The terms and conditions outline that 48 hours cancellation notice is required. I have sent 2 e-mails enquiring about this situation with no response from either the hostel or the booking agency eviivo, I also placed a phone call to Newcastle Rooms. The person who answered the phone at the hostel was not very helpful or encouraging that my refund would be provided. This is a breach of contract, and not satisfying customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Patricia E
    Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 5 girls and it was just dandy!!
    The service from the staff was not brilliant but after us telling them pretty much what to do it was fine.
    We stayed in the cottage which was spacious yet basic but ideal to crash in after a night out!
    If you are planning on cooking, you will need to bring your own oven trays as the ones they give you from the kitchen have grease on from breakfast 10years ago.
    I would highly recommend this hotel, even if the taxi driver locks the door for safety on pick up.

We have booked

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Lauratodddodd
    Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for about three weeks on my own and initially when I checked in all the staff were lovely and there were no issues with the room , very basic but you get what you pay for! However a few days in to my stay I was wondering why my room had not been cleaned when I raised this they said I must ask for this to be done which I found a bit strange but I got on with it..BUT every time I asked for this to be done it was not so each time I had to ask three times before it was done which was very frustrating. Breakfast is very average but I was fine with this..until the toaster broke and they did not have a replacement and when they finally got one the bready they put out had mould all over , pretty disgusting! I think for a one night stay this would be bearable but for any longer think again and spend that extra money it will totally be worth it! Anyway some of the staff were ok and friendly but this was ruined by the rest who were just plain rude.

Room Tip: Pick a room with an en suite
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank Aimée H
    Reviewed 16 April 2014

A friend and I (both girls) booked the double private room for 3 nights here. It was relatively cheap compared to the other hostels in Newcastle and we were very glad we picked this place. The room was tidy and comfortable, with a sink. They even had a tray with a kettle and some coffee and tea packets. It was all very welcoming. We were cold on the first night, but with telling the reception, they came up and turned on the heater for us. The room was cozily warm for the rest of our stay.
    And on top of all that, breakfast is free. There's a variety of cereals and juices, with croissants and pain-au-chocolat, and toast and jam. There's also coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and milk to choose from. The dining area was very well laid out.
    They have a TV room, which is quite spacious with a large TV. We watched the Cricket World Cup there.
    The only downside is that some of the staff don't smile. I found that quite displeasing, but the rest of the staff made up for it. They even printed out my coach tickets for me!

As for location, it is not walking distance to the city (well, 45 minutes or so). But the number 30 or 31 bus drops us right in front of the hostel, which made it very convenient. And there is also Lidl a few minutes' walk away and Iceland and Asda a little further down. There are also good restaurants on West Road, which is about 20 minutes walk from the hostel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends