“Slipping a bit?”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Slipping a bit?”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Don't get me wrong, I like this place and we visit pretty often but the lady couple of times I've felt it was slipping a bit. The hot buffet, whilst nice, never changes so I tend to stick to the sushi, which I really enjoy. The soba noodles are tasty and there is always a pile of salmon sashimi to tuck into. We've only ever been at lunchtime so I can't co me t on the evening menu. The service is always friendly but they do need to up their game with the cleaning. The carpets, in particular going into the cold area, are in desperate need of a vacuum and the tables aren't pristine. It's not going to stop me going back but I'd like to see an improvement.

• Visited July 2014

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Eat here frequently - we do !”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fab all you can eat sushi buffet. Their tempura batter is the best I have tasted and the sushi plentiful fresh tasty and delicious. Never had a bad meal here. Staff are rather useless. But being a buffet you don't really need them. If it is your birthday and you bring documentary proof you can eat for free. Lovely food we eat here every time we are in Newcastle. Closed on Monday

Visited August 2014
“Great place for sushi ”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We go here regularly for our sushi hit. Loads of choice. Great service, great price and would definately recommend.

“Not impressed”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to coming here as I love Japanese food. However I wasn't impressed, there wasn't a lot of choice, there was no labels and was shocked to find salmon in a spring roll. The food didn't taste that good either. Won't be back.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Sad to say but... Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This buffet used to be too notch, but has really went down hill. Last time I visited, the sushi mainly consisted of veg. They no longer serve the oysters, and the sashimi is pretty much just the salmon. Also it now seems that there is no longer a difference between the lunch time buffet and the evening buffet apart from the price. I'm actually very disappointed about this as Tenji was one of my favourite places to visit for sushi.

• Visited July 2014