“Very, very good”

Cafe Global
Cuisines: Cafe
“Very, very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I've been to this place once before and caught myself a Turkish breakfast and my wife a full English. You can't really ruin a full English so this was great, but the Turkish breakfast was a little different, but I found it very salty. However, this review isn't about those breakfasts, it's about a lunch I had there.

Global is decked out pretty nice with plenty of seating, there's also downstairs seating available. There's a big chalk board with a menu and a drinks board showing, well, drinks.

I ordered a Spaghetti Bolognaise and my friend a Lasagne. Unfortunately, thanks to my inability to decipher East European accents, I thought the young lady said that they were out of Bolognaise and if I would like meatballs instead? I agreed, thinking spaghetti and meatballs would be just the ticket. What arrived was not spaghetti and meatballs...

Instead, I was presented with meatballs with pitta bread and a huge helping of cous cous and side of salad. Not being the sort to complain and, well, the food was already made, it looked and smelled great, and I was hungry, I took the plate without fuss and tucked in.

I'm happy to say this it was great. It was a little dry due to the lack of sauce, but the meatballs were tasty and the cous cous flavoursome with a slight hint of tomato/spices.

My friend enjoyed his generous helping of lasagne, though he thought it was a little salty.

Although the place wasn't busy, it had a nice friendly atmosphere, not the least of which was thanks to the staff.

Add in a couple of soft drinks and the bill for two sated customers was £12 and change.

Wonderful.