“Babies very welcomed!”

Northside Diner
Ranked #685 of 1,308 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We arrived to a queue on a Saturday lunch time but were seated quickly, provided with a high chair and space for the pushchair.

The menu was what we expected and the food was tasty but it was the service which set this place apart.

The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing and genuinely seemed to enjoy working with each other. I believe it was the manager on the day (I may be wrong) but she came over part way through the meal and commented on our 8 month old daughters great behaviour (which is always lovely to hear as a parent!) she then went out of her way to bring over a bowl of cold pasta for our daughter to play with whilst my husband and I ate. It was only a small gesture but one that made the meal for us as we felt so welcomed and one that will ensure we return in the future. A great place to eat out with kids!

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I visited recently with friends and we were really looking forward to our meals since I heard really good reviews about it however it wasn't as "brilliant" as it was said to be.

The service was brilliant , seated in about 5 minutes to a clean table and were asked if we would like to order drinks and our meals which we happily did and the drinks came first then about 5 minutes after our food came also it was busy so I couldn't fault the service .

They had a nice range of meals for the adults and kids however I would say were a little overpriced ! But the potions for the adults were big enough!

The meal we had ordered was an onion hotdog and we got fries too! The fries were average nothing to be amazed at and the hotdogs bun was hard!! Which was a downer .

Just an average meal I wouldn't go again not for the price anyway.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Travelled to Newcastle for a short break and discovered this diner in the lovely Fenwicks department store. Food was superb , actually tasted American and portions were huge.Staff were very helpful and pleasnt. We actually went twice we loved it so much

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Booth seating with lots of Americana, proper hamburgers, hotdogs and particularly good curly fries. Friendly and attentive staff are the icing in the cake. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Wasn't very busy (which I like). Staff were friendly and helpful! Lovely but expensive root beer. I had hot dog and fries. Hot dog was lovely and the fries were ok, not the best. My husband had a meatball sandwich which he really enjoyed :)
Menus were sticky and dirty though :(
Would definitely go back though!