“Yankee bait”

Northside Diner
Ranked #723 of 1,254 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yankee bait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The milkshakes are a must they are lush . Cheese dog and fries go very well with the shake with an extra potion of onion rings just for good measure well nice

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“It really has that american diner feel to it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Really friendly staff. Not very busy at all, so service was extremely quick. When I was in the restaurant it took me back to when I was actually in America as it really has that american diner feel to it. very clean and well looked after, I also love the big jukebox and wall decor! I went with my mum and she had the chocolate fudge cake whilst I had the Elvis peanut-butter and jelly sandwich with raspberry sauce. Our food and drinks were lovely couldn't have been any better. Also there was a wonderful atmosphere. Looking at the menu I would say everything is reasonably priced and sounds delicious. The only thing is the parking as it is in the Fenwicks in town, personally I would get the metro into as it would be much easier than finding somewhere to park (considering where it's located). But I will definitely be going back, it's really worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
“Understaffed, average service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

When we visited there seemed to only be 2 members of staff in, and the chef so service was quite slow. The food was hot and fresh, however the Stuffed Red Jalapeños I ordered were supposed to come with a cilantro slaw according to the menu, but this was missing. Customer service wasn't poor but wasn't great either.

• Visited March 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“very friendly staff, great food and wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

my friend and i were going to a concert and decided to visit as we had been told that it was a great place to eat. we were greeted at the front of the resturant by a kind member of staff who showed us to our table. it was quite busy and so we told him we had limited time to eat due to the concert so he made sure we had very quick service, the staff were very friendly and the food was great! (he also gave us directions to the concert which we found very helpful) 10/10! i would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere and nice meals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my son love this place. Friendly service and very much a family restaurant. I recommend you to visit North side Diner when you happen to be on 3rd floor Fenwick...

1 Thank Lakeland73