“Beautiful boutique hotel - slept so well!! :)”

Roomzzz Newcastle City
Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful boutique hotel - slept so well!! :)”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This hotel is well worth visit. You won't want to leave your room!

The whole design is amazing. I totally love the old style building with the modern details. The fixtures and fittings are luxurious, the kitchen is a great place to hang out and have a glass of wine before heading out into town and the bed is so comfy! I could've slept for a week!!

The staff were really helpful and friendly and the location of the hotel is perfect for the station and the centre of town.

I highly recommend the Roomzzz hotel - get it booked!! ;)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexis G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have been working in Newcastle for nearly a year now and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area, whether it be business or pleasure. In my opinion, Newcastle has been crying out for a place like this and I'm sure it will do very well! What also makes Roomzzz unique from other hotels in the city is the Loyalty scheme it runs, great for anyone working in the area but not living in Newcastle permanently. Check out the details on their website, definately worth signing up to if you stay here regularly.

It is clear that the apartments have been finished to a very high standard, the 'smart studio' which I stayed in was spacious, comfortable and kitted out with everything you could possibly require during your stay. I was pleasantly surprised with the beds too, very comfy, often this is not the case with hotels! The staff at reception were very friendly and eager to help which was great.. made me feel welcome. In terms of location, it is ideal, 5 minutes walk from Newcastle Central Station, 10-15 minutes walk to the main shopping area and for those wanting to venture down to the quayside for some food or a drink it is 5-10 minutes walk. There are also lots of bars and restaurants nearby so you're spoilt for choice!

All in all, ideal place for anyone to stay in Newcastle, great value, good location and friendly staff.. Looking forward to my next stay!

Oli

Room Tip: I've heard the Penthouse is pretty swanky...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Oliver S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

WOW WOW WOW. Stayed here for 2 nights the week it opened. Had stayed at Leeds City West which was fab but this is something else. Travelled with boyfriend as part of his birthday week. Had booked a grand suite, when we arrived the team said we could park out the front as restrictions had been lifted (when we stayed, do check in the future ) so this saved money. The hotel is located 5 mins from Central station and near to many car parks within a 10-15 walk with luggage. So yes you may hear some rail noise, but rooms are all double glazed and hey it's city centre you get noise!.
So when we checked in the reception team and a manager(??) said we've upgraded you, brilliant , to the PENTHOUSE o.m.g amazing is not the word . Now just because we got this doesn't mean the rest of my review is sponsored , it's not.
The room was huge, accessed via a beautiful reception, trendy boutique decoration. There's a lift and stairs, we came back down the latter to take photos. It is stunning . The room itself is 2 floor, lots of glass, purple decor, floor lights and up the stairs. Apple Mac in office area , original fireplace, lovely seats ( had to sit on all!) , dining area, and fully equipped kitchen inc dishwasher and microwave. Bedroom area upstairs was fab, comfy bed and lovely plump pillows. Bathroom had great power shower , rainforest style. So all in all A.mazing, and the reception team were all so so helpful and happy, always asking if the room was ok, if we were having a great tim etc. Shout out to Simon he was lovely and to the ladies, sorry I didn't catch your names.

We booked a winter saver rate for £75 a night so was amazing value considering. Would also say become a member direct as you get discounted rates.

Room Tip: Couple of the rooms are basement but look to have lots of light so don't be put out, hotel is on...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PAB2008
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Our first stay in a roomzz and would highly recommend it. Simon and Carly on the front desk couldn't do enough for us. Rooms were immaculate and gladly stay here again. Excellent value for money . Ideal location for centre and station . Vanessa and Tracey

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vaddybrown
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at Roomzzz Newcastle with family and had a great stay. We checked in at 3 pm and were welcomed by very pleasant staff. Very impressive reception and staircase. Got in the room and were truly shocked by the sheer size of the accommodation!! We had a huge living space,working kitchen and beautiful bedroom(couldn't ask for any more) We had 2 big screen TV's in our suite.The bed was very comfortable and had a good sleep. Although we could hear the train's,it didn't bother us. The location is very central and convenient to have a station close by.
The grab and go breakfast was free and an nice treat,it had a great selection of pastry's and fruit in the morning. The drinks machine is fantastic,my son was hooked on Hot Chocolate!!
WI-Fi was complimentary,unlike some of the hotels where you have to pay for it!!! We were told by staff that the Hotel has 14 suite's and all are supposed to be unique. Looking forward to my next stay at Roomzzz Newcastle.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank playcold
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I liked the hotel, the service was great it was very convenient that you are so close to the station. The best bit about this hotel are the rooms, they were very well equipped and spacious.
I will stay here again. Great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank gangnam2001
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Beautiful entrance and very grand staircase are what you first see as you enter this very impressive hotel. We stayed in the Loft suite, and it was the largest hotel room I've ever had, especially as we were in the heart of Newcastle. We had no shortage of space with entrance hallway, huge open plan lounge and kitchen with dining area, the bedroom seemed small by comparison to the proportions of the rest of the suite, but this was made up for by the separate dressing room.
The decor is really nice throughout, and there's a lot of original features. I couldn't help notice the framed original artifacts that were on the walls as you go up the main staircase, there is a lift, but we preferred to walk up the stairs.
Location is brilliant, Central station is just a few minutes walk, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants around the corner.
I've stayed at Roomzzz in Manchester, so I thought I knew what to expect, but Roomzzz have really upped their game in Newcastle. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to the larger rooms, we'll try the Penthouse next time.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple