“Ideal location - large studio apartment”

Roomzzz Newcastle City
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We chose this hotel for its location - 5 minutes walk from both the railway station and Quayside with many restaurants and also 10 minutes walk from the Metro Radio Arena where we had tickets for a concert. Also, only a 10 minute walk from the main shopping centre of Newcastle. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The studio apartment we had was in the basement but was still light and roomy. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the kitchen area had everything you could want if you were going to cook. We only used it for preparing breakfasts. The "grab and go" breakfast bags of fresh fruit, pastries and juice available in reception were useful to take out with us as a morning snack. A complimentary hot drinks machine was also in reception for use at any time. We had no trouble with noise (the hotel seemed worryingly close to some railway tracks) even though we like to sleep with the window open and indeed the location was very quiet, especially considering it is in a city. We would definitely stay here again if visiting Newcastle.

Room Tip: Room 102 is in basement but is still light and gets afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 15SMB15

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Roomzzz is a great concept; large, clean modern apartments, centrally located for a very reasonable price (Don't forget that possibly reflects typical prices in the North). The booking process is simple, the service is good, and this is because you largely serve yourself. Roomzzz provided a very nice apartment which was well equipped for our short stay. Why bother with a typically overpriced corporate hotel room when you can have a whole apartment to yourself without the fuss, and all for about 20-30% less?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have stayed in many hotels for both personal and business reasons and i have never see a room so large, it was aprox 100 square metres . There were 15 chairs , kitchen , seperate bedroom/ bathroom , 2 large plasma tv's . Hotel was directly behind the main station directly opposite a new building development , not sure i would fancy walking there in the dark on my own however once development is complete it should be fine . If arriving via station ignore hotel directions , turn right twice and go under taxi underpass and hotel is in front of you . Friendly staff, grab and go breakfast works , would stay again . That said i am not sure i understand the business model of having 12 huge rooms when you could easily fit in double that but not my problem

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is an aparthotel not a hotel so you can fend for yourself, so the comments about the grab and go breakfast area with no seating was a little harsh, why not take the breakfast back to your apartment? And as for lack of parking ...well it is a city centre hotel!

Anyway I stayed here for one night ( chose this due to trip advisor ratings) and was very happy with the service and room. Fantastic facilities would be perfect for longer stays. Staff are very friendly and the whole building is beautifully finished off just as the photographs.

The location couldn't be better. Literally a 5 minute wlk to all the bars and restaurants.

Would definately visit again and would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Roomzzz Newcastle just didn’t quite live up to my expectations! The rooms are well laid out and well furnished and the staff are friendly enough, but a few things let it down for me. After travelling for 32 hours and 17 400 kms (Australia), we arrived 70 minutes before the check in time only to be told that we could not go into the room unless we paid the extra 10 pound for an early check in – an amazingly jobs worth act considering we had booked for an initial 7 days and also a couple of days a week later! Our key cards were only activated for 24 hour periods at a time, so we had to keep getting them reactivated until eventually one staff member activated them for the remainder of our stay. The (small) bathroom had towels but no face cloths – first time I’ve come across that! The view from our room was nonexistent and the stairs down to the bedroom were very narrow and winding which might prove a problem if you have heavy or bulky luggage or are a little unsteady on your feet. Inexplicably, for our second visit we were given a studio apartment even though we had booked a 1 bedroom apartment and had had that confirmed! The nearby parking costs 15 pound per day but the quayside multi storey parking is only about a 10 minute walk away and a much more reasonable 5 pound per day. The hotel is however very close to local transport, so you might not need the use of a car at all! All in all, I would still recommend the hotel, but with some reservations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The apartments themselves are outstanding, spacious and luxurious. The staff are mega friendly and happy to help. However there were a few issues that would prevent me from staying here again. There is no parking outside or around the apartments, I eventually found parking in Dean Street, about a 10 minute walk up a very steep hill. The room I was in backed in to the train station, which even with the windows closed was very loud. As it was a hot night I had to choose between noise and heat. I could hear the people in the next room talking and the floors are very noisy. Breakfast was also a but strange, it was advertised as breakfast included however didn't make it clear that it was only a coffee machine and pastries in plastic with no where to sit. It was impossible to carry my bag, coffee and pastries away with me to my car. In hindsight I could have taken them back to my room but I had already checked out and hadn't allowed enough time. Lovely surroundings and nice staff however too inconvenient for me so unfortunately won't be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had read the favourable reviews but sometimes they cannot be trusted.
I had used similar Aparthotels before and always been let down.
This was a different experience and one that will make me a regular user, as a frequent business traveller I am always looking for a home base.
The service I recieved from the staff was better than I had recently recieved at a Luxury London Hotel. The room - thanks for the upgrade - was stunning and so relaxing. Fab to be able to get excellent WIFI too!!
Now I have somewhere to regularly use in Newcastle and am trying Manchester in the next few weeks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business