“So good I'm not sure I want to share the information!”

Roomzzz Newcastle City
suffolk
“So good I'm not sure I want to share the information!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was my first time using an aparthotel and the experience was really good. Roomzzz staff were outstanding and the quality and cleanliness of the room and all its facilities were excellent.
the room was equipped really well with microwave, oven and hob, comfortable seating in the lounge, good bedroom and small but great walk in shower and en suite. The location is great, within walking distance of the shops and The Herb Garden restaurant close by was worth a visit. Parking is a bit of a challenge, as it is in all major cities. There are essential supplies available in reception area, milk, ice cream :), ready meal.... and a good grab and go coffee and croissant in the morning if you can't be bothered to make your own breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gjcm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My Family and I stayed for 2 nights, the apartment was large, very clean, comfortable. My Mum said that she did not want to go out when she saw her apartment. It was quiet to other parts of Newcastle, you could possibly hear the occasional train, but that is much better than the party goers at 2am, as it is a bit (a few minutes walk) out of the way, it is so much quieter than other places in town. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and i stayed here on 03/01/2014 and stayed in the Grande Studio suite in the basement. The room was exceptional with beautiful decor and very clean. We booked direct via the Roomzzzz website and got the best deal, we payed only £63. The location was ideal and was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. There is no onsite parking but we parked at the metered spaces under the bridge right outside, it was only £1 per hour (maximum 2 hours) and no charge between 5pm and 8am so essentially free overnight parking!

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Free wifi! ask at reception for password!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my second stay at Roomzzz Newcastle. Like last time, the apartment itself was great - spacious, nicely decorated and with a modern feel. I was in the basement but that didn't matter as the apartment was so nice and I was out during daylight hours in any case. The receptionists were extremely helpful, and I liked the grab and go breakfast, which was all I need at that time of day. But like last time, the soundproofing was a real issue. I had work commitments in Newcastle meaning I needed early nights and early mornings. I didn't have a single good night's sleep due to people talking and moving about in the upstairs flat. I don't think they were being especially noisy, so it wouldn't have been fair to ask them to stop talking as soon as 10.30 came around, but the soundproofing is so poor that I couldn't help but be disturbed. Sadly, I won't be going back. I regret this as everything else - location, space, friendliness of staff etc. is fantastic and just what I'm looking for - but I ended the week exhausted because of lack of sleep. What a pity.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JillyFlower535
Choppington, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, booked into the penthouse on the offer deal they have running.
The apartment was great, really spacious with bed and bathroom upstairs, really new and modern, spotlessly clean, and a god location just behind central station.
My only complaint was the noise from the room next door, in fairness I don't think the hotels soundproofing is the best, but guests coming in at 4am and talking and playing music until 6.30am is still pretty inconsiderate! In fairness to the hotel staff it was quiet within minutes of my complaint and they took the late check out charge off our bill by way of apology.
We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2014
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We parked the car at Grainger tower (Waterloo St) cheaper than the train station , central for shopping , parking , eating out & pubs , totally recommend it , 1 last thing they take a 50 card payment incase of any damages , not mentioned at time of booking!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Swags2000
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed with my boyfriend in December. Lovely sized room and very nice, short walk from most places we went to and friendly receptionist. Only downside was the noise when trying to sleep, sounded like water dropping every couple of hours

Room Tip: We had a basement room so maybe ask for a higher level room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple