Roomzzz Newcastle City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$96
  • Pool
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$35
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$112
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$251
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$96
Priceline
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
Travelocity
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
  • Room Service
All reviewsliberty suitegrab and gothe penthousemaxima suitetrain stationfully fitted kitchendining tablecity centreapartment hotelfull kitchenseparate bedroombedroom areaamazing roomthese apartmentslovely buildingunderfloor heatingcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here recently for work. Ideally located walking distance from station and away from noise that some of the other folks staying up that weekend complained about nightclubs emptying and hearing all that noise on streets. The staff week wonderfully welcoming and helpful. My room was 304 up in the attic and was perfect. You could easily spend a week happily in this studio apartment. I'd definitely look out for them in other cities. It was also a short 20 min or so walk down steps to the quayside to get across to the sage centre but coming back up is a bit more of a challenge and probably not something to attempt late at night on your own.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This place looks ok but it's. Fur coat and no knickers. The quality if furnishing is terrible, you can't sit on the chairs without the cushions sliding out an the beds are small and uncomfortable. The staff in the hotel are very nice but they are governed by a head office with zero business sense or idea of customer service or compassion. Booked for a month for relative having cancer treatment, the treatment dates were changed so we had a week paid for but not used. I asked if we could carry the week over as she was coming back for more treatment and I would have happily given them another £2,000 of my business, but the computer said no. I have never come across such inflexible people. Fortunately we found the staybridge suites which is run by professionals and is superior on every level.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Sarah M
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Newcastle City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your stay from December.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your stay. Having looked at the details of your booking, I can see that your bookings were all made using our non-flexible rates. Whilst we appreciate the circumstances relating to your visit to Newcastle, the T&C’s of these particular rates booked made these bookings non-flexible, therefore we were unable to amend your bookings as you requested.

In relation to the quality of furnishings, we pride ourselves on the high standard of fixtures, fittings & furnishings and also the comfort of our guests during their stay and I can only apologise if these didn’t meet your expectations.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience this may have had on your stay

Regards,
Mark
Roomzzz Newcastle City

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed in the penthouse on sat 15/2 the room was clean and well serviced but it had a funny smell of curry that seemed to of been covered with an air freshener that lasted the full time we were there, I guess that in apartments with full kitchens this might be expected but still it wasn't all that pleasant.
The room was nice but unfortunately the place was let down by a couple of issues:
- no onsite parking the nearest car park is a good few minutes fast paced walk and in the rain and blowing cold wind wasn't great.
- staff although very friendly didn't seem to have a very good knowledge of the local area, so getting directions from the car park to the hotel wasn't simple or cheap when having to call them on a 0844 number from a mobile, in the end we called into a pub to ask directions.
- very noisy on the night time and in the morning, guests seemed quiet and considerate but the main railway station, city centre and taxi rank is all right next door which is good for location but you do hear every voice and siren right through the night, not sure if the double glazing is up to the job, even after a good night on the drink it managed to keep me and my partner fairly awake.
- slow on returning the £50 room deposit that doesn't even show up as a transaction on your bank statement proving very hard to chase, you would hope that it would be refunded as soon as the room has been cleaned and inspected but not the case with me anyway I have had to chase it.

Over all the stay was ok but at £210 per night I would not return, I didn't come away feeling 5* price tag was reflected to be honest.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Robthornber
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel, only a 5 minute walk from the train station and the rooms are very spacious and modern. The 'grab and go' breakfast was a nice touch with the option to buy things from the 'pantry' to either cook in your room or as a snack. Ideal for both short and long term stays, would reccomend to anyone!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times, in the Liberty suites and the penthouse. We've never been disappointed with our stay. The rooms are well appointed and have plenty of character and space. Staff have always been helpful and polite, special mention to Mark on reception who went out of his way to change our room at short request on Valentine's Day to one we'd previously enjoyed, and had even gone to the trouble of carrying our bags to our room. Highly recommended. Our top pick in Newcasstle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple