“You get what you pay for”

The Job Bulman, Gosforth - JD Wetherspoon
Ranked #429 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Family friendly community pub, with a great range of food, beers, ales ciders and Gins.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just been to job bulman in gosforth had a few beers on a lovely bank holiday weekend. Unfortunately decided to order a meal, two chicken burgers, normal wetherspoon grub. If you want cheap, cold food its the place to go, but if you want cheap , decently cooked food then its not the place to go ...... And more importantly Wetherspoons staff were not that bothered that the food we were served was rubbish, they just gave us a refund without question!! One out of five for attitiude of staff

2  Thank Tony S

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After a good night with friends, it was spoilt by Lee the new Duty Manager. A member of staff gave me his name as he refused to disclose his name or that of the Area Manager so I could make a complaint. He is rude and arrogant and is upsetting a lot of regulars. Hopefully he will move back into the city center where his lack of interpersonal skills maybe better suited. Whilst he is there avoid.

6  Thank Stephan S
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

No comment about weather spoons pub as such as we all know what they do.

My issue is regards to food service. Four of us ordered food (separately) one after the other and their was a twenty five mins gap between one course arriving an the last , now I'm not complaining it don't come together that's not how weatherspoons work but when it takes 35 mins for a fry up to come out their is an issue. .An apology was made for the delay , when I asked if I could have a top up of my coffee for my wait an since I got it to have with my meal I was ignored, not even a sorry we carnt do that.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Decent Wetherspoons pub in the Gosforth suburb of Newcastle; have eaten here once and it was typical Wetherspoons quality (i.e. probably not the real reason you went there).

Tonight the place was busy and seemed to have a good atmosphere until a couple of middle aged "gentleman" decided they'd had enough of each other and decided to roll about next to a table and punch each other a few times! Nice! And best of all it seemed to take a barmaid to persuade them they were making "fools" of themselves - no bouncers?

Probably a one off but might make the owners look at their approach to having door staff and making sure all their patrons can take their drink!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Job Bulman is one of the better Weatherspoons. The curry deal on thursdays is good value, but the food is pretty standard quality. The choice is also very poor for people who don't eat meat. I used to like the prawn curry, but it is no longer available. There is a good selection of well kept beers. Food is available up until 11.