“Nice, but a bit pricey”
Review of Pink Lane Coffee

Pink Lane Coffee
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

First time I've visited. The cafe itself is nice, the staff are pleasant. I had a ham and cheddar sandwich which was really nice, quite big but not enormous, and I think at over £4 is on the expensive side. The White Chocolate and Cranberry cake was delicious.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Although read some review about the price of pink lane. After experienced in pink lane. The coffee beans to brew the coffee it's quality beans. Overall it's the quality that melt in the mouth make all worth.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Although other people say Pink Lane's coffees are overpriced and small, I totally disagree. I work in the coffee industry and believe their coffees are typically of a very high standard and the prices are fair. However, the two women working when we went in could use some training. The one that served us explained the two espressos backward which caused confusion, then she served me a curdled soya coffee twice, which shouldn't happen if you know what you are doing, and shouldn't have been served. (If you're reading this, try pouring the milk into the espresso, rather than the reverse!)

That can be overlooked though as maybe she is new and soy milk is not the most popular order and difficult to work with. I did eventually get a tasty coffee, but we had to listen to the other woman shout across the cafe about her lost bank card the entire time we were there. That was definitely more aggravating than the coffee problems and we left as soon as we could.

It was so great last time we were in a couple years ago, really unfortunate to see them slipping.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I bought a delicious sandwich, and cake from a tasteful selection and was warmly served by staff. But the price did smart a bit! Overall had a sense of poor value for money.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Pink Lane is definitely the place to go if you want an unconventional coffee. They're constantly changing the beans you can try and the staff are super friendly and helpful when it comes to deciding what to have. I decided to try something a bit out of the box and a staff member recommended a coffee that was "more tea like" and it was a nice change from my usual Americano. There's no place else in Newcastle where you can get the variety of beans that you can get at Pink Lane, so if you feel like having something other than a typical coffee shop coffee then this is the place! They also have really nice sandwiches which make it a great place to grab lunch.