“Changed my coffee game for life!!”
Review of Pink Lane Coffee

Pink Lane Coffee
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the only place in Newcastle I can drink a straight black coffee. Now i'm not a coffee buff at all, i'll hold my hands up and say that I love my sugary frothy over the top mochas and caramel sauces etc etc etc...

But when I came into Pink Lane for the first time I told them all this and was greeted with the warmest, friendliest, un-judging staff i've ever met in a coffee house! They simply said with a smile 'Our coffee is brewed a little differently, try it without sugar first and see what you think' So I did and it's just so so delicious.

I don't know what it is about most coffee, it just tastes 'burnt' so I normally ladle in the brown sugar "I aint happy 'till the spoon stands straight up' kind of thing. Honestly this place is fantastic. You really wont be disappointed, it's everything you could need in a coffee house - delicious, quiet, friendly, lush music, warm atmosphere, plenty of plugs for laptops!, I could go on and on, go visit :)

1  Thank ADaveee

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been using Pink Lane for a good while when I am in Newcastle and it never fails me - great coffee, lovely breakfasts (granola, yoghourt & compote for me, sourdough toast for my wife) and a very friendly "can do" atmosphere. But on my last trip they went one better. First they had run out of granola and offered to pop out and get some for me (I tried the muesli instead, every bit as good as the granola) and in addition my phone slipped out of my pocket whilst sitting on the couch at the back. I realised what had happened half way down the M1, called them and two days later it appeared in the post. Absolute magic and true service. A big Thank You and see you next time.

1  Thank 1Roger
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I found this place by searching for 'best coffee Newcastle' while in the city attending a conference and I wanted to avoid the generic conference breakfast and over stewed coffee, so of course there was always the chance it would disappoint.

Pink Lane Coffee did not disappoint one bit. While there I sampled both the machine coffee (as an americano) and the bar top filtered coffee. Both were excellent. The bartisas clearly know an awful lot about coffee and will talk you through what's on offer that day, explaining the different tasting notes.

I also had the granola for breakfast on both days, delicious!

The whole environment in this lovely cafe is brilliant and the next time I am in Newcastle I will be sure to head here for my morning fix.

1  Thank ange71
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I always make sure I come here when I am in Newcastle, its always an excellent service and excellent drinks and food. I am not a coffee lover however the staff took their time to talk me through what my options where and recommend from my tastes. I HIGHLY recommend the hot chocolate, it is just delicious. Always a different variation of sandwiches and cakes. Top place for coffee and cake in Newcastle!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The guys at Pink Lane make beautiful coffee. It may be served in smaller glasses/cups than you might be used to but it's better for it.
It's great for a quick coffee before catching a train or relaxing and having a chat about some of the latest projects the guys have going on.

My favourite coffee place in newcastle and the food is also excellent. Toasted sandwiches on sour dough!

1  Thank Kicker99