“It wasn't the best ice cream I've ever had...”
Review of Archers Jesmond - CLOSED

Archers Jesmond
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The ice cream was nice it wasn't the best I've ever had though. To be honest the staff were quite grumpy but they weren't rushing us. I visited last weekend and I had two scoops in a tub, easter egg flavor and snickers peanut flavor. They were both really nice but as I said it wasn't the best ice cream I've ever had. The atmosphere was alright and it was clean and well looked after. There was a lot of choice. It's very small though, not many tables and I can't remember being able to sit outside...

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Super little parlour that serves delicious ice creams.
Always have a great and varied selection. Staff are always happy to let you try a sample if you can't make a choice as to which flavour to choose.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We visited this place a few times with the kids, the choice is fab,they always have a different flavour everytime I visit..
They provided novelty plastic bowls and spoons for the children to eat there ice-cream out of..
The staff are always friendly..
Will be visiting again soon..!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I am already a massive fan of Jesmond and the surrounding area, and this wonderful little ice cream parlour gives me another great excuse to visit the area.

Whatever your tastes are there will be something for you with every flavour you could imagine. They always have 16 different flavours available at any time, and if your favourite isn't available be sure to ask the friendly staff as they often have a few more out the back which they'll be more than happy to get for you.

It's difficult to pick a favourite flavour, but I've narrowed it down to three; black cherry, champagne sorbet and peanut!!

They also serve a variety of delicious sundaes, Pumprey's coffee, hot chocolate and soft drinks, all in lovely relaxing surroundings on one of the busiest streets in Jesmond, Acorn Road.

This place really does cater for all types of people from the elderley to the young children and everything in between. If you're visiting Newcastle and you're an ice cream fan this place is a must, but even if you aren't you should pop in as I am confident you won't be disappointed.

The staff are also great and will do anything they can to make sure you really enjoy your experience!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Wow, what a fantastic find. I recently visited Jesmond to visit family and passed this small ice cream parlour, as an ice cream nut, I couldn't resist popping in. I was greeted by a fantastic array of irresistible flavours perfectly displayed. Lucky for me, the staff realised my dilemma and let me have a small taster of each flavour to help me make my mind up. It didn't really help though as I loved them all. If you are visiting Jesmond, Newcastle or anywhere in the North East it is well worth making the visit to Archers in Jesmond. If you are not a fan of ice cream, then it's still worth visiting for the fresh coffee and warm welcome. I can't wait to go back.

Having had time to reflect, I think my favourite is their strawberry flavour, if you get the chance to try it, you will see what I mean.