“Good place”
Review of Perdu Bar

Perdu Bar
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited here twice in one weekend. Bar always quite busy but got served quite quickly. Decent music with a mixture of old and new. Very crowded by midnight on the Saturday night

Reviewed 20 January 2014

busy and lively bar, good music and buzzing atmosphere. the bar was quite decieving as it looked small but is large and spread out inside.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This weekend me and my mate were out in newcastle for a night out.....we decided to go to Perdu. We were negatively surprised when we were cut off at the door! We were told that we were dressed very casual. Bear in mind it was friday after new years and the place was almost dead! Who knows,whats up on this place! Jeans and formal shirts too casual....come on!

1  Thank panagiotis v
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Firstly...I live and work in Hartlepool, but I travel to Newcastle alot due to my boyfriend residing there. When we or I am out: Perdu is always where we/I end up.

New Years Eve: bought tickets over the phone. Very polite and friendly interaction and swift confirmation of our purchase via 'Joey'.

However, the customer service from then on was an understatement; to say very disappointing.

Here goes:

1) Ordered a round at the bar....pretty bar person. However 'You what?' when she couldn't here what I had said seemed very rude. How about ....I am sorry I couldn't quite hear what you said, please could you repeat.

2) Supervisor decided to assume that my boyfriend's drink had been finished with and swiftly took it away.. brought back to him after I complained: from the pile of collected glasses I may add.

3) Later a bar person passed a dust pan/ brush over the bar to someone. Water came out all over. 'Katie' found it funny... to which I retorted ..'It isn't funny; you have just got water all over my boyfriend's shirt sleeve and shoes. Consequently we weren't served after her supervisor ( the drink swiper) pointed her in the direction of other customers. I complained to her and we got our round plus a free drink. (May I add it wasn't about the drink it was the principle).

4) Took our drinks outside within seconds a fight broke out. I quickly informed the bar staff (closer proximity). A fight I said ...need security! 'You What' a fight between men and a girl is getting hit...'You What'!.....Shocking! Bar Supervisor and 'Katie' again failed to impress.

Guess what! eventual enquired drinks smashed.

Bumped into by default the lovely 'Joey' who replaced a round of drinks...and said that we could have a second free round. We didn't order these, as again it wasn't about the drinks...but the fact that I won't put up with such horrendous staff service.

Final point ! 'Joey' outstanding!!! Perdu Security staff very friendly, Music Great, Atmosphere magical, Toilets clean, Toilet attendant attentive, hard working and friendly.

Bar staff miserable as sin!!!!

Now I can say this because I work in the hotel industry. I manager wouldn't accept such appalling customer service.

People! Please don't work in a customer service role if your customer service is none existent..

Suggestion: Name badges.....!! Bar staff please get some training!!!!!

1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Very busy bar and u can see what the staff have to put up with. The doormen when we come in were very polite esp at the back door, when we left we were amused by the drunk people and chavs getting knocked back claiming discrimination!! 1 o'clock in the morning and they hadn't had anything to drink but for some reason couldn't walk in a straight line. Bar maids were very nice and didn't stop for breathe it was that busy!! Nice place and nice staff!