“don't be put off by the location”
Review of Bar Rumba - CLOSED

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2013

nice casual mini mexican restaurant! had the steak fahitas n they were lush! could not fault the food whatsoever, and as it was in happy hour, it was really cheap. will be going back!

There are newer reviews for Bar Rumba

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Initially wary of the "rough" end of Heaton road, this restaurant was a delight! Food incredible, service efficient and friendly and really nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday evening using a groupon voucher. I picked bruschetta for my starter this was served on toasted sliced white bread! The main course was chicken fajita wraps served with fries on skin what we actually got was frozen anaemic chips.
In all not an authentic mexican meal more like an old el passo kit bought in from the local supermarket.
This was my second visit to this restaurant all I can say is the quality of food has gone down rapidly or maybe they have changed chefs! Needless to say wont be going back.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

When my hubby and I arrived we were given a table at the back of the restaurant beside the kitchen.We had to move our table as we were getting all the smoke and smells on us from the kitchen as there was no door. I was a bit disappointed as there was nothing Mexican in there to give you that feeling. We ordered our meal and the starter arrived about 15mins after ordering, it was beautiful. BUT it took just under an hour for our main course, which by that time we were starting to talk about leaving. We did ask about how long we had to wait and the waiter said they had just taken our starter plates away 9mins ago and they serve the meal 15mins later.....not too sure where he got the 9mins from as it was more like 35min. We had to ask for drinks and we are still waiting for serviettes which i asked for twice.
Food was nice but the long wait put us off.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great food and really nice authentic feel. The waiters were mexican and really attentive.
Food was reasonably priced, with a great selection on the menu.
I would recommend and will be back.