“Absolutely terrible”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Visited on a Saturday night with friends using a groupon voucher,had a table booked for 8.30, on arrival we were told that we were six minutes early and taken to a seating area where we were given menus and ordered our drinks. After about 10 minutes we were shown to our table and had to ask where our drinks were. Our drinks evenutally arrived and we ordered our food, the starters were really slow in arriving and by 10.15 we had still not had our main courses despite asking a number of times when they would arrive. The final time we asked if we would receive our meals today the waiter replied maybe tomorrow which was his idea of a joke but we didn't find very amusing. There were numerous people who came in after us and had been served their meals and the restaurant was nearly empty when we finally had to just get up and walk out. I tend to think it was because we were there with a groupon voucher that they didn't see serving us as a priority. Really disappointing and would never visit again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've been vegetarian for 41 years and had so many disappointing meals out. However, the vege enchiladas at Bar Rumba were absolutely delicious. The others had various choices and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Prices very reasonable even without a Groupon. I will certainly be going back there.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

I was rather weary about my visit as my daughter said the reviews weren't all that amazing, however I was quite surprised. Service was rather slow but that didn't bother me or the people who came with me as we were enjoying and tasking advantage of having time just to chill n relax. The house wine was very nice. The starters- garlic bread, potato skins, salsa and the bruschetta were eaten n enjoyed! The mains- pollo zaffron, pollo Milanese, chicken fajitas and 2 lots of chicken enchiladas were all eaten and enjoyed. In all a very pleasant evening but remember the service may be rather slow.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Visited the restaurant with friends for a casual early evening meal. Food was plentiful, well prepared, hot and tasty. Its also excellent value with the evening/happy hour discount. Atmosphere was alittle lacking, mainly because there were only one or two other tables occupied. Service was a little slow considering the restaurant was not that busy, but overall a good experience and it was a pleasant change from Chinese/Pizza.Indian food.
Will dine here again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

think this will be my last use of groupon/living social vouchers,obviously there is a reason these type of restaurants use these sites as they cant fill there tables,location is not the best area of Newcastle but that isn't a reason to not go.inside rumba tries to be authentic Mexican,but fails,about 6 other couples dining with music in the background,but no atmosphere whatsoever,felt like I was sitting in someone elses dining room not great.food itself is well average,dont think the chef is Mexican at all think he may have a Mexican cookbook which he is using,brucheta is not white toast with tomatoes/salad on,nachos were a huge portion though piled high,both struggled to finnish,mains were ok packed with more rice and beans than actual meat itself,my crispy tacos were deep fried hence greasy and heavy,burritos again full of rice and beans rather than meat,if they got the food as good as the service you would have a decent place here as you cant fault it at all polite,and given enough time to order and just enough time between starter and main course,so a round of applause for the waiter,authentic? hmmm,just not quite there yet