“Authentic Malaysian food at great prices!”
Review of JJ's Cafe

JJ's Cafe
Ranked #191 of 1,279 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Malaysian
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Authentic Malaysian food at great prices!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I can't speak for the restaurant itself as I've only ever ordered takeaway from this place, but the food is lovely! As a Malaysian I have to say this is definitely the best Malaysian food I've had in the UK (apart from my own cooking haha), and I will definitely be ordering again! We had nasi lemak and lamb curry with roti canai, all of which tasted great and the portions were good for the price.

The only thing I think could do with some improvement is if the dishes were described a little more on the menu. I know what they are, but it would be good to know if they come with chicken/veg etc; I'm a pescitarian these days so I had to offload the chicken that came with my nasi lemak onto a friend (I didn't know it came with the dish)!

I can imagine the menu is quite confusing for someone who isn't familiar with Malaysian cuisine and may be put people off ordering if they don't know what the food is, so they definitely need a little detail on the menu.

But apart from that I can't fault the food or delivery service, it was all great! Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited March 2014