“Group Visit - Celebrating my Birthday”
Review of The Blonde Barrel

The Blonde Barrel
Ranked #598 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I visited this venue on 12.04.14 for my birthday celebrations, myself and all of my friends ordered food, which arrived within the allotted time frame stated by the waiter due to how busy it was. The food arrived 20 minutes after we ordered. I find some of these comments surprising due to the quality of service we received, especially the comments regarding the food being greasy, we ordered over 15 meals, all of which went down like a treat. We were all over the moon with what we had ordered. Don't get me started about the COCKTAILS!! They had to be the best part of the night, I think I drank my body weight in them.. Good variety, well presented and affordable.

I will definitely be visit this venue again in the near future :D - Thanks for a great night..

Reviewed 17 April 2014

One visit is enough here. Ordered food of myself and friends and the bar staff are easily the rudest I have encountered. They are more interested in chatting to each other than providing a service. This is a service industry you're working in.... Waiting and ignored at the bar while staff chat or potter about doing nothing is not acceptable, drinks were then slammed onto the bar without a word, just a scowl.

Food.... Nothing to write home about, our fish was greasy and I'm afraid way overpriced. The bar itself is dark and dingy as well even though it is glass fronted.

My advice? Go somewhere else where you'll get a smile at least even if the food is rubbish!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went in for a sneaky drink. Bar staff are dull boring and flat... I've seen more enjoyment watching a camel suck a lemon. Try to talk to the barman he replies with a grunt. If you hate your job youngin get out of it. Drinks served warm and glasses have lip stick marks. If you want a decent drink visit another bar. This is a mortuary. The interior is badly decorated and the lights if they are even existent are a joke!!! Seen more light in an eclipse! This bars Tosh!!!

4  Thank Supsatruth
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Popped in for a quick lunch whilst we were at the centre for life, the food was lovely, fresh and quick. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Would like to start by saying the customer service of this restaurant was absolutely disgraceful and would not hope for anyone to have to go through that service again. I had a meal of fish and chips the chips were great but the fish was poor quality and the batter was far to watery.For what you pay i was really dissapointed as i was looking forward to the meal but ended up feeling like a waste of £7.95.
So overall i would say that it was poor due to lack of quality and poor customer service which was not exactly inviting as the bar staff were more interested in there own conservation instead of putting the effort into engaging with customers.